• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What new or different would you like to see for the Bronco from aftermarket?

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Just as the title says, what new or different products would you like to see offered for your Bronco? We have a lot of great vendors and talented members here that may get some new ideas for products.

Three off the top of my head are:

1) Rubber/vinyl floor mat like OEM

2) Stroppe style steering wheel with foam padding

3) Rocker panel trim - like OEM or solid billet aluminum

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
I would like to see more in house custom parts from our vendors....( they do a lot now I know that)..... But I always like to see what they come up with

jckkys

Bronco Guru
1.A brushed stainless steel tailgate lip protector.
2. A vertical stabilizer for the OE swing away spare tire carrier like later big Broncos and Bronco IIs had.
3. Full specs for springs, so we don't have to guess at rates or harmonics.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Softer door weatherstripe. So you don't have to slam the doors to get them latched.%)%)

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... 1ST THING I thought of was ..Just better Quality door rubbers . That can seal stay in place & you can shut your doors with.
... & New bolt in place, Inside the door.. Cheaper about 45.00 each. ELECTRIC Window Motors . Course switches & wiring would have to be sold separately.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Sport chrome for the dash and drip rail. And some new soft doors for inserts that are two piece and mount flush with he outside of the insert instead of set in 6 inches. Also soft doors for the whole door opening like use to be sold

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Precision replacements parts is re making lower door seals for early broncos they make the best door seals for 1953-56 ford truck they are hollow like the Lexus and other new cars

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
A low profile dual plane intake manifold for a 302, made to fit a spread bore carburetor. That way you wouldn't need the goofy adapter to install a Quadrajet carb.
Come on Chuck! You're good with this stuff. Everyone doesn't want fuel injection.;)

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Maybe an aluminum 16 or 17 inch x8 rim that appears as a stock steel rim.
After market air cleaner made close or similar to the v8 Broncos.
Closer to original Cactus Smasher.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
A low profile dual plane intake manifold for a 302, made to fit a spread bore carburetor. That way you wouldn't need the goofy adapter to install a Quadrajet carb.
Come on Chuck! You're good with this stuff. Everyone doesn't want fuel injection.;)

I think this intake is out there.....
Was it Offenhauser or Weiand.....?
I thought somebody made this though so you didn't have to run the converter plate for your Quadrajet. Hmmmm....thats going to drive me batty until I remember who it was.
I remember one thing about it though.....it wasn't terribly common....

slim811

An extended fiberglass half cab and bulkhead.

Something like some members have made with cutting and welding a full top. Maybe a 2nd version covering over rear seat area Similar looking to a H2 SUT.

Attachments

• H2 SUT.jpeg
    H2 SUT.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20140324_192800.jpg
    IMG_20140324_192800.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 113

shonivey

I think it would be nice to see vacuum formed 1/2 and full tops. Like my undercover bed cover. I think they would be lighter and cheaper than what is available.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
X2 on Quick release stock rear seat
A better fit and seal soft top comparable to the fit and quality of the newer Heeps. The tops that are offered to us aren't that much better then ones offered 20 + years