• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats the best non-stock seats?

72BlueBronco

I'm thinking about replacing my stock seats. I mostly use it as a daily driver but I do take it off road every now and then.

After looking around I like the beard seats. If any of you have them, how do you like them and what kind do you have? Also if there are any other kinds of seats out there, whats the brand name and how do you like'em?

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
I have the corbeau baja's and for the money I really like them and the comfort/safety factor.. For durability I would have gone with the Beards though. I hear they are very good and well built seats. The welting is starting to tear on my door side from sliding in/out. I also think the baja stlye looks very good in the bronco. If you do go either route get the lumbar option. It would help the long trip comfort considerably. Some of the other seats I see don't quite fit the bronco aesthetics. Way too tall or look like they belong in a ricer etc.. BUT that's my opinion.

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
Talking with a guy at SOB last weekend who had the Corbeau baja SS seats, and he said they are good for off roading and short drives, but anything over 2 hours he said his back starts to kill because there is no lumbar support!!

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
Jamers said:
Talking with a guy at SOB last weekend who had the Corbeau baja SS seats, and he said they are good for off roading and short drives, but anything over 2 hours he said his back starts to kill because there is no lumbar support!!

Bingo, that's why the lumbar option is a MUST if you use it as a daily driver or more than a trail rig.

Attachments

• master_02.jpg
    master_02.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 19

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
Ive got the Corbeau Baja's without the lumbar and I make 20 minute drives to work and school with no problem. I drove to FFF which is just over an hour and had no problems, Im only 17 but my 50 something dad didnt complain. Just depends on the driver I guess.

CC135_inND

Loc.
Fayetteville, TN
I have 1992 Probe GT seats in my EB and I love them. The even have lubar and bolster in them. I have taken long road trips in them and they are real comfortable. You can see some pics at www.midwestvintagebronco.com under members rides look for Scott's EB they should be at the bottom. Hope this helps.

U

unregistered

stan10

I have Miata seats in mine, got them on www.miata.net for $40
the cloth ones with a couple of cigerete burns are cheap, the leather ones are big bux.
easy to install usiing the miata tracks and pretty comfy, and the built in headrest speakers are cool.
Can get wet oklae covers if ya want.

I wanted TJ seats but the miata seats were way cheaper.