• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to get matching color paint?

runguyrun

Do you guys have any advice on where to get some spray paint in original Ford colors? Specifically I need Red (see my photo gallery).
Any brands that you like? I need to clean up a few minor rust areas and I don't want it to look patched and mismatched and worse than the rust spots.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any auto paint store can take a match of your paint and sell you a can to spray. I doubt an off the shelf color will match well.

Bradsp8

Use you VIN and find your paint code and get the name of the red your EB was painted. There were several reds. My '75 Sport was Viking Red and if I recall correctly the paint code in the VIN was 6. It's hard to tell but my guess is you have the same Viking Red I do. A good automotive paint shop has a small hand held device that can examine your paint which then allows the shop to match the existing paint.

OP
OP
runguyrun

runguyrun

Yeah mine looks the same color as yours. But the 1973 color code sheet that I found does not have Viking Red. The closest color is Rangoon Red.
The 75 sheet has both Viking and Rangoon reds.
I was told mine was repainted 20 years ago so maybe they went with a different shade.
I ordered Marti report which should give me the "original" paint color even if that is not the current color. I guess I need to find a paint shop. I never painted a car that wasn't a POS - I used to just get my paint off the shelf from Wal Mart.