• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to put a....

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Anybody got any great places to put a trans cooler W/fan? I've discovered nowhere to put a 10x12 cooler with a fan

help?

any thoughts on a tubular finned cooler?

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Between the pass. wheel well and the core support? Oh wait your batter is prob. there.
May have to move a few things around but could mount it flat on the top of the wheel well?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nyles, I mounted mine where Stoppe put them - horizontally under the radiator, between the frame rails. I then mounted a rear gas tank skid plate in the front to protect it. No pics of the cooler mounted but you can see the skid plate mounted in front. Cooler is mounted just above it. Cooler and fan fits in there great! And no taking up space under the hood.

Attachments

• DSC03825.jpg
    DSC03825.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC03826.jpg
    DSC03826.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 255
OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Between the pass. wheel well and the core support? Oh wait your batter is prob. there.
May have to move a few things around but could mount it flat on the top of the wheel well?

well thats were the new EFI breather will be

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Nyles, I mounted mine where Stoppe put them - horizontally under the radiator, between the frame rails. I then mounted a rear gas tank skid plate in the front to protect it. No pics of the cooler mounted but you can see the skid plate mounted in front. Cooler is mounted just above it. Cooler and fan fits in there great! And no taking up space under the hood.

that might work, esp if i ever build my bumpers I have though about a alum finned verisoin there also

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I think we've decided to put Bubba's underneath bolted to the rear floor.

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
VW1.....What you know about em finned aluminum ones?

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
You can always get one of those like I got on the Harley....they say they are bullet proof. To demonstrate, they shoot them with buckshot up at Sturgis and they don't leak! They are tough as hell!

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Under the passenger seat works well if you attend to mounting and mud guarding. Derale on the '76.

Attachments

• 2_coolers.jpg
    2_coolers.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 522
OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
whats the finned one cooling? or you got em both coolin?

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The finned or rail type is for high speed with air circulating. When doing low speed crawling or driving in traffic, if the rail type can't keep up, the fan cooler cuts in and does the trick. So the fluid runs through the rail type first then exits into the fan type cooler for back up.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The finned or rail type is for high speed with air circulating. When doing low speed crawling or driving in traffic, if the rail type can't keep up, the fan cooler cuts in and does the trick. So the fluid runs through the rail type first then exits into the fan type cooler for back up.

That is a nice setup.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Boy am I glad I have room under my hood if I ever need to add anything.
DSCF0023Medium.jpg