• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which is best....driver's floor pan replacement

mattt

Bronco Guru
I'm going to replace my driver's floor pan very soon. I wanted to see which pan other people think is the best fitting before ordering. I was planning to order the WH version, but I'm not sure on that any longer,,,,,heard about fitment issues. Anyone out there who has replaced driver's floor pan, which did you use? How well did it fit?

Looks like Duff only has flat pan replacements. I'd prefer to get one with the ribs and the dimple for the body mount.

Let's hear some opinions and recommendations.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I ordered mine from JBG ( I think they're Dennis Carpenter made) and it fit almost perfect.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I would be willing to bet there are only one or two places that actually manufacture the replacmeent floor pans, and the different shops distibute the same pan.

I know I have seen two different ribbed types in my restorations. One set were much thicker then the others. Both worked equally as well.

BroncoinAlaska

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I would like to know this as well. Looks like it is time to replace mine. Would like to find the thickest possible while keeping the ribs and dimple. I have not seen any designations on thickness for the floor pans other than JBG @ 18 guage. Bronco Graveyard is what I will probably go with.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I bought the five piece floor pan kit from Wild H's. I think it is also made by Dennis Carpenter. It was an excellent fit, very little trimming. It has the ribs & dimples.

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
I also used the ones from JBG and I wich they were a little thicker but proabably what the stock thickness was. Pretty good fit though.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Anyone used the one from Tom's? Looks similar to the JBG if I remember correctly. May be the D. Carpenter pan??????

Who else offers one with the ribs and dimple?
JBG
WH
Tom's
???

ransil

Bronco Guru
A few years ago JGB was working with a guy stamping out Bronco panels and the floor pan were the first panel the made. The plan was to make every panel on the bronco.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Bronco Hut in colorado has nice pans too with the ribs and dimple.

I buy my pans based off sale price with shipping calculated into it----the are not cheap to ship due to size.

broncorick

There is some fitting required as the dimpling does shrink the metal in relation to he undimpled area. I am in the process of fitting a complete floor in mine, and it is a bit of a challenge to fit the front floor with transmission hump. The brace is not a drop in fit either, but I knew that going in. Still great fun though!

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I replaced both of my front floorpans with JBG's pans and they fit and worked great. I would definately recommend buying from Jeff.