• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who all runs flowmaster mufflers?

thedirtyneck

Loc.
Blacksburg/Charlotts
Mine has true duals on it. It seems to be a nice setup (sound and flow) but i dont have anything to compare it to because it was on when i bought my bronco.

Brian

KST1

I'm running a single flowmaster. Two 2.25" (I think) into one 3" into the muffler and 3" out behind the pass. tire. I think it gives just the right amount of growl without being obnoxious. The flowmaster does drone some on the highway though.

-D

STICK76

Loc.
Fitzgerald, GA
I run flowmasters and love them. I put them on when I put in the new transmission. Very nice sound! I am now in the process of building a new motor with a new cam and headers. Can't wait to hear it run after I get all that put back together.

Stick

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I am running two SS 50 series Flowmasters from L&L Ultraflow headers with 2.5 inch aluminized front to back with no H-pipe (maybe next time). Sound is real good, performance is nice. If your not running a HO motor or a 351 you may want to go 2.5 inches in and 2.25 out on the Flowmasters. Mine flows really free right now since the new exhaust and lost a little bit of the kick, but pulls better through the torque band...I think anyway.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
I run dual Flowmasters with a crossover and I love them. I picked them out after visting their site and listening the the different mufflers. TI have the Flowmaster 50 series - or something like that - for SUV's; they are much quieter then the Turbos I had last year

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
I've got dual 3 chambered Flows,2.5 pipe with a crossover H pipe.The H pipe helped a lot with the drone and added a bit of low end torque.If I had to do it again I'd go with 2.25 pipe.

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
I've read that the cross over pipe helps torque, I'll probably have my exhaust man do a X-pipe like I had on my Mustang! ITs suppose to be even better than the "just plain" H-pipe!
Bronco Ben

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I've got duals with an h-pipe. To make things easier to work on I had them flange the h-pipe so you can take down one side at a time....

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
True Duals no crossover. JBA shorty headers into 2.25" pipe, Delta Flow 40 Series mufflers, 2.75" tips.

I can set off alarms at will ;)

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
JaxLax,
was your shortys cheaper than the ones listed by wildhorses, I had JBA's on my 1991 Ford F-150 and they are still on their, (8years old) and still looking and sounding good! IF JBA has em for the EB I'll probably purchase mine from them!
Ben

74bronc

Bronco Guru
the only JBA headers available for the EB are available only through Wild Horses. I tried to get them direct from JBA to save shipping (JBA is based in San Diego and I wanted to go down and pick some up) and the part number isn't even listed which means their dealers don't have access to them, except Wild Horses. I do have to say that they are VERY well made and look nice. I have had them on for a month or so and I love them. Pricey, but nice.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
runnin the ones from WH4x4. i tried to get them direct too. no one was having it. but i am more than happy with them. had to notch the collector on the passenger side to fit. but that's all. i'll see if i can dig up a pic of it....

found one!

i can't add a pic after already submitting, so it's here in the test forum Exhaust Pic

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Here's mine with duals. Unfortunately I have to re-route the pipes after I get extended radius arms and build a new crossmember.

6286IM001928-med.JPG

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
FFRP ceramic coated headers, 2 1/4" to dual Flow master Delta 50's, exit behind the rear wheels, nice and quiet while cruising, nice mellow sound at throttle.

68 EB

Loc.
Fort Atkinson, WI
Mine has stock manifolds with daul 2 1/4" into 40 series Flowmasters and sounds good but my engine is stock also....
Lots of room underside compared to 50 series if that makes a difference.