• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who is Admin?

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Been here for years and I've always wondered. What was his handle before Admin? Does he even own a Bronco? Is he a robot?

Lets put the mystery to rest and post all the "Admin" stories, true and false.

House

Minutia Militia
He is a robot and now that you asked he is going to delete all your posts and erase your username from existence...! :eek:

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Are you for real? You don't know Jon?

His bronco...

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showcase/72-bronco.1000/
Nope, and we live within 2 hours of each other. No way he made it through this:

6311-856369-jpg.856369

He is a robot and now that you asked he is going to delete all your posts and erase your username from existence...! :eek:
He actually just paypal'd me money! I like how this works!! OK, it was a refund...

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Jon - Admin & Architect at your service.

Somewhere on this site there's a photo of Jon and Tim Bowsher at a car show. I'd like to meet both of those guys to thank them for all they contribute to this site.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
No way he made it through this:

1020.jpg
Ohhh... That's a really old picture. Pre-digital camera or cell phones. 35 mm printed, then scanned.

And I absolutely made it through that... with a few scrapes on the doors. I wouldn't do it with today's paint job, but that was a different era. :cool:

That's Mike McCarthy in the red hat, spotting me from behind. I'm pretty sure toddz69 was also on that wheeling trip. It was probably in the late 90's.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Been here for years and I've always wondered. What was his handle before Admin? Does he even own a Bronco? Is he a robot?

Arizona isn't that big ..... drive over to his casa w. some beer !

he might show you his stack of computers and servers ! ;D

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast

Arizona isn't that big ..... drive over to his casa and bring some beer !

he might show you his stack of computers and servers ! ;D

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Jon - Admin & Architect at your service.

Somewhere on this site there's a photo of Jon and Tim Bowsher at a car show. I'd like to meet both of those guys to thank them for all they contribute to this site.

Probably have those old photos from when I was president of ACB or the couple of years I did the newsletter.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Ohhh... That's a really old picture. Pre-digital camera or cell phones. 35 mm printed, then scanned.

And I absolutely made it through that... with a few scrapes on the doors. I wouldn't do it with today's paint job, but that was a different era. :cool:

That's Mike McCarthy in the red hat, spotting me from behind. I'm pretty sure toddz69 was also on that wheeling trip. It was probably in the late 90's.

I'm diggin' the high-lift jack on the bumper look.;D

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
been here for years and i've always wondered. What was his handle before admin? Does he even own a bronco? Is he a robot?

Lets put the mystery to rest and post all the "admin" stories, true and false.

spam!!!^^^^^ ;d;d;d;d

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nope, and we live within 2 hours of each other. No way he made it through this:

1020.jpg

He actually just paypal'd me money! I like how this works!! OK, it was a refund...

Yep, that was a trip I led - December 27th or 28th, 1997, to be exact. I think I posted some pics somewhere of it recently as I could hardly believe it had been 20 years since we did that run. That's a place called 'Spare Tire Canyon', or as I liked to call it after that day, 'K-Y Canyon'. For the AZ folks, it runs between the Bartlett Lake Road and Eleven Mile Wash. There were 5-6 of us and we all made it through. I had lost a starter further up the trail so my truck was running with a big hole where the starter was supposed to be. I was PRAYING that it didn't stall or that I would have to turn it off for some reason. I'm pretty sure that slot is silted in now and you can no longer drive through there. In retrospect, it was a crazy thing to do but we did a lot of dumb things in our 20s.

I can vouch that Jon does exist and is a super nice guy. We did a lot of 'wheeling together 'back in the day', but as with most things, life has gotten busier for us all in the intervening years and we don't see each other as much as we once did. Oh, and Jon painted his truck too so no more serious AZ pin striping trails :).

Todd Z.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

He is fo real, Az man..