• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why is somebody's dirty rear end is in my Bronco!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I had planned to use this Maverick 8" in my '62 Ranchero, but I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to my motor upgrade. It's going into a 51 Ford Custom Club Coupe. I'm really excited to see it go to a great project!

Attachments

• image0[3444].jpg
    image0[3444].jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 159
OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I had planned to use this Maverick 8" in my '62 Ranchero, but I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to my motor upgrade.
Maverick five lug 8" axles are getting pretty hard to find. It's the shortest 8" Ford made.
It's going into a 51 Ford Custom Club Coupe. I'm really excited to see it go to a great project!

Attachments

• image0[3444].jpg
    image0[3444].jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 191

Mark1911

Gorgeous Bronco. I’m not sure I could bring myself to put a dirty differential in the back of mine. Lol. Blankets and maybe some grocery’s. Lol
I agree nice garage.

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Gorgeous Bronco. I’m not sure I could bring myself to put a dirty differential in the back of mine. Lol. Blankets and maybe some grocery’s. Lol
I agree nice garage.

Ha!
I can't afford a car that can't be used and this car gets used for just about everything.
Even cement and manure.

Attachments

• Bronco cement mixer.jpg
    Bronco cement mixer.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Bronco, trailer, kayaks.jpg
    Bronco, trailer, kayaks.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image0[3450].jpg
    image0[3450].jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 89

EODMike

Ha!
I can't afford a car that can't be used and this car gets used for just about everything.
Even cement and manure.

I like the kayak rack, can you provide a link to where you got that? I'm redoing my hardtop now and would like to be able to transport our kayaks like that.

Thanks,
Mike

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I too was hoping for the coupe .
A friend here is building a 300cid . He got a 5 speed from me a couple of years ago.He was a Mechanic for years at the local Ford house .
He even drove a few early Rail jobs that turned about 8 but he couldn't stay hooked at those top speeds..
... But he's younger than I am but he has gotten old fast . I need to check on him & see if he's got his 51 going .

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I like the kayak rack, can you provide a link to where you got that? I'm redoing my hardtop now and would like to be able to transport our kayaks like that.

Thanks,
Mike

The roof rack is a set of Yakima gutter-mount towers and round bars.
The kayak hoops are Swagman.

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I too was hoping for the coupe .
A friend here is building a 300cid . He got a 5 speed from me a couple of years ago.He was a Mechanic for years at the local Ford house .
He even drove a few early Rail jobs that turned about 8 but he couldn't stay hooked at those top speeds..
... But he's younger than I am but he has gotten old fast . I need to check on him & see if he's got his 51 going .

Here's a photo of the car and a photo of the engine. It's got a flat head six in it now, but he's got a fully rebuilt flathead V8 for it.

It actually runs pretty well as is.

Attachments

• image0[3469].jpg
    image0[3469].jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image1[3470].jpg
    image1[3470].jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 13