• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wich 2V Motorcraft carb do I have (have the tag)

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't know what series (2100 ect) my 76' Motorcraft carb is. It has a Tag of
"D6TE YA" then under that "C 5L" Any ideas??
Thanks
Reamer

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I found a carb website not long ago that had a lot of the codes for Ford carbs. I think it was a Mustang site (of course!) but might have some info pertinent to our stuff too. From that source, it seems that the C 5L was all about the size of the butterfiles, CFM rating, and jet size. Other than that, obviously the D6 means '76. T generally means Truck division, though they can be used on cars as well. And the E would be the revision number. Funny about the YA. I don't know what it means it "Ford-speak" but it's also a designation for a Carter carb type. I wonder if Carter made some Motorcraft carbs for Ford? Ya never know...
At least I think that's what all is. I'll go digging, but someone here might give you a better description.

I'll see if I can find that site and post a link.

Paul

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
I found a carb website not long ago that had a lot of the codes for Ford carbs. I think it was a Mustang site (of course!) but might have some info pertinent to our stuff too. From that source, it seems that the C 5L was all about the size of the butterfiles, CFM rating, and jet size. Other than that, obviously the D6 means '76. T generally means Truck division, though they can be used on cars as well. And the E would be the revision number. Funny about the YA. I don't know what it means it "Ford-speak" but it's also a designation for a Carter carb type. I wonder if Carter made some Motorcraft carbs for Ford? Ya never know...
At least I think that's what all is. I'll go digging, but someone here might give you a better description.

I'll see if I can find that site and post a link.

Paul

Yes they did. Probably a Carter.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Reamer, sorry I haven't had time to do any real serching, but I did find this link to, of all things, a Ford carburetor forum!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/88781/page-70

How cool is that? Now you just have to serch for more answers to the questions that this raises! Somewhere in there are links to some carb-expert-tag-interpreter websites.

I'll still keep looking too though, when I'm not working that is. After all, gotta' still put in a bit of extra effort before the end of the month when the job ends too, don'cha know.
That way I get to come back when business picks back up. Maybe...

I'm thinking, "the heck with Automotive... I'm going to sell Solar Panels and Ammunition from now on.
Always a market for those!

Paul