• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Guerilla Warflare Question

EODMike

When installing the WH Guerilla Warflares, is it necessary to trim them to fit around fuel cap opening? Not sure if I have it too high, but it appears to need trimming around both fuel filler openings.

Thanks y'all, have a safe 4th of July!

Mike

SHX669

Bronco Guru
You can put em as high as you want - I didn't have to cut mine . I butted the welting up tight to the bottom of the filler tubes .

mrdrnac

Contributor
I cut my welting and notched the Warflares slightly at the filler necks, as I wanted mine set as high as possible.

Attachments

• Flare.jpg
    Flare.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 98

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I want to add some clarification to the flare notch or not to notch discussion. I have done both and also moved the whole flare up to the bottom of the body line on the rock crawlers. The flare is somewhat adjustable because of it's flexibility.

To be clear for those who check out this thread you don't have to notch the flare for installation. With the Warflare you can usually tweak the flare to what looks good to you.

One the pics the white painted Warflare has the welting trimmed. If for some reason you wanted the flare back farther you could notch. The black flares I have the welting running right up to the filler but not cut. If and when I notch the flare it's usually in the front to add more room for the tire. That will give you a more equal clearance front and back.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_3311.JPG
    IMG_3311.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3315.JPG
    IMG_3315.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
EODMike

EODMike

I want to add some clarification to the flare notch or not to notch discussion. I have done both and also moved the whole flare up to the bottom of the body line on the rock crawlers. The flare is somewhat adjustable because of it's flexibility.

To be clear for those who check out this thread you don't have to notch the flare for installation. With the Warflare you can usually tweak the flare to what looks good to you.

One the pics the white painted Warflare has the welting trimmed. If for some reason you wanted the flare back farther you could notch. The black flares I have the welting running right up to the filler but not cut. If and when I notch the flare it's usually in the front to add more room for the tire. That will give you a more equal clearance front and back.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the information. I've got the two filler caps and the flare fits better on the front one, but I might still trim the back part. I put the top portion of the flare up to 1 7/8" below the body line and it looks good, plenty of room in the wheel well. To be clear, I am happy with the product, I just want to make sure that I install them in a manner that makes them look good. I've read about uneven installation and I am trying to avoid that.

Mike

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Jim,

Thanks for the information. I've got the two filler caps and the flare fits better on the front one, but I might still trim the back part. I put the top portion of the flare up to 1 7/8" below the body line and it looks good, plenty of room in the wheel well. To be clear, I am happy with the product, I just want to make sure that I install them in a manner that makes them look good. I've read about uneven installation and I am trying to avoid that.

Mike

A few more thoughts.

When I do an install it starts with where do i want the flares to sit and am I worried about the body line at the rear of the quarters. You can only make the flare move up so much before the body line if off. On my rock crawler it's who cares there is a gap at the on the rear quarter body line. Some have filled the gap with a hunk of rubber. The gap has never bothered me I just needed more tire clearance.

For a nicer Bronco you want the flare to lay where it was designed to go and not have the gap.

As for trimming around the fuel fillers don't forget to add the fuel caps you intend to use during your test fitting.

Jim