• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Inner fender vent hole diameter

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
Anybody have the Wild Horses inner fender vents and can tell me the hole diameter? Looking at the pictures on the website, seems maybe 3/8” which seems bigger than I might want them to be. Without a lot of thought, I was thinking 3/16 or 1/4”.

Maybe bigger is better for overall flow, but if they are 3/8, seems maybe more than what I wanted.

@DirtDonk :)

OP
OP
K

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
I called and they said 1/8”. My thinking is smaller diameter is better for rocks and debris, with bigger better for ventilation.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And sometimes you have to compromise.
Venting is the primary reason for these, but you don’t want them to allow so much debris and gunk in, that they are not really easy to live with.
However, I will say that, over the many years, I’ve known people using them have never had a big issue with mud, snow, or other muck getting into the engine compartment when using these ventilators.

But posting up here is a great resource. Should be quite a few people here using them. Some of them are bound to have real world experience they can relate to us.

OP
OP
K

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
And sometimes you have to compromise.
Venting is the primary reason for these, but you don’t want them to allow so much debris and gunk in, that they are not really easy to live with.
However, I will say that, over the many years, I’ve known people using them have never had a big issue with mud, snow, or other muck getting into the engine compartment when using these ventilators.

But posting up here is a great resource. Should be quite a few people here using them. Some of them are bound to have real world experience they can relate to us.
Thanks for info!

The picture sure looks bigger than 1/8” to me, if anybody can confirm the hole diameter, would sure appreciate it.