• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Win a chance to ride in the BC Broncos race Bronco in the baja 1000

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I'm guesing that riding with Chuck would be more like flying than taking a cruise. ;D

Herb (owner of one, hopefully winning, ticket)
I'm an old guy and drive slow, Jason is the one to look out for.
He got the name "Cactus killer" from hitting so many cactus at 80+

Louie

Bronco Guru
Awesome idea!!! Now would be good time for me to end my bad luck with raffles ;) ;)

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Genius - pure genius! If I could afford the time off, I'd drop my name in the hat.

$50 tickets for driving next year?? :eek: No? :( Sorry bad idea....:-[

J.D.

TexasRox

You only have to have a passport if you are flying or on a curise ship. If you are driving in they still let you without until next year. Do you think they would turn away all that american money?

YellowBronc

Bronco God
What are the exact dates of the event???

November 10-16.

I believe there's celebration during this time so the flag dropping probably isn't until the 12th or so. I'm sure Chuck or Jason will correct me if I'm wrong here (which I may be).

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
What a birthday present... which for me is Nov. 7th.
Only issue I have is, having ridden in my brothers car (Class 1 by SCORE standards) through the trails of Lake Moreno, I think those entering should know that physical fitness is essential. You will NOT enjoy the ride if you are out of shape.

The idea of winning is enough to get me cracking on the eliptical.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Here is the current tentative schedule :cool:

November 10th Festivities in Tijuana

November 11th Race Vehicles parade from Tijuana to Ensanada

November 12th Driver/Rider Registration, Tech Inspection and Contingency in Ensenada

November 13th Race will start in Ensenada

November 16th Awards Ceremony in Cabo San Lucas

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
We plan to leave Tx 11-06 and return ~11-21. If that will work into your plans you can ride alone with us. If not you can fly to San Diego and we will pick you up there on 11-10. The race is 11-13 thru. 11-16 and you will need to be there then. Also I have a couple of extra helmets and race suits, if they will fit you can use them. Below is a couple of pictures of the racer this year.

Attachments

• web4093.jpg
    web4093.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 36
  • web4096.jpg
    web4096.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 49
  • web4098.jpg
    web4098.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 68

TexasRox

Where are all you macho guys out there. We have two girls running in the racer. I'll bet you guys scream before we do!

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
You will NOT enjoy the ride if you are out of shape.
That fitness thing is way over rated! My fat arss had a great time! ;D of course, the next week wasn't so fun! :cry:

If anyone takes Chuck up on this great opportunity, I've got a spare XL helmet that I'll loan ya.

Hope to see one of you guys/gals down there!

Scott

TexasRox

that's funny I thought it just made you sound girly but no matter call it what ever you want I still don't see many of you macho " girly" men signing up to sit in that seat. Hey Scott How you doing? Can't wait to see in Cabo we'll have a shot together.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
When I first saw this thread, I thought it was just ride along. But being the navigator?!?! Holy crap, that sounds awesome. I'd be great at that job. I'm totally getting some raffle tickets.