• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiper System Bolts ??

csmith441

Loc.
Edmond, OK
The EB I bought a few months ago has most of the pieces to reinstall the windshield wipers, but not bolts.

Does any one know the size and thread of the bolts that attach the Wiper Motor Brackets and cover brackets to the frame?

Also, does any know the size and thread of the 4 bolts that hold the wiper mechanism to the frame?

Does any one sell these bolts in sets??

I can go to the hardware store and make the thing work, but I want to put it together right instead of half-assed.

Thanks for the help.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Hmm, when I can't find the bolt size, I usually pull out of my old parts (that came off the truck) bucket and check screws till I find one that fits, THEN run out to the nuts and bolt place and get them in SS. I won't say 100% of my bolts are SS, as case hardened bolts are necessary in some places but the vast majority of bolts on my truck on now SS.

I can't tell you until I get home. But, that's how I usually figure things our, or pull out my tap and dye set and see what thread/size fits and go from there.

Good luck.

OP
OP
C

csmith441

Loc.
Edmond, OK
Thanks Blue.

I just got this so I dont have the bucket available.... Yet!

I will most likey measure them and check with my tap and dye set.

I was just hoping someone had already been in my situation and knew the sizes.

OP
OP
C

csmith441

Loc.
Edmond, OK
I have figures a few of them out by a tap set and several errors.....

The two bolts and nuts that hold the motor bracket to the frame are killing me.

Does any one know where I can get these? Pics and thread patterns could also help...

Thanks

Last edited: