• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wipers

Ecavalino

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Hey guys is there a way to raise the off position of the wipers to be higher and more lateral with the top of window? Mine angle too low and get in my vision. Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Depends, but usually the answer is yes.
What year is your bronco? Does it have factory vacuum wipers, factory electric wipers, or aftermarket electric wipers?

The factory electric wipers the answer is usually to pull the arm and rotate it on the splines. Aftermarket electric can do the same thing, but are also usually adjustable for sweep and stop. Vacuum wipers probably don’t have any mechanical adjustments, but I really don’t know much about them. It should still have a splined shaft through the windshield frame that you can rotate your arms on.

Let us know what you have.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
The factory electric wipers the answer is usually to pull the arm and rotate it on the splines.
This worked great with my stock electric setup.......well almost stock. I converted to the Cherokee arms but should be the same fix for the stock arms.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you know whether you have a stock electric wiper set up with linkage, or do you possibly have a retrofit kit? If linkage, do you have the stock plastic cover over them, or are they exposed?
What year is your bronco?

I’ve seen a lot of vacuum wipers parked in odd positions, as well as some where there have been soft tops and bikini tops installed.
Does yours have a soft top windshield riser?

Anything else you can tell us about your bronco?

MikeCon

Hey guys is there a way to raise the off position of the wipers to be higher and more lateral with the top of window? Mine angle too low and get in my vision. Thanks
My wiper arms adjust. No big deal just grab a beer and sit and stare at it a while. You'll figure it out.