• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring help

jbbies

Loc.
Durango
I have a short in my wiring because when I put on the positive cable it sparks. I know that it seems to be in the cdplayer when I cut the wire that provedes constant power to the deck the sparks stop. I assume I am going about this the right way. So I checked the ground in a few different spots still have sparks. I have the wire going straight to the battery on a 15 amp fuse, I also am running a few other accessories off of this wire like electric fuel pump.

Anyone have any idea what else would be making my cd player short out on the constant positive wire from the deck?

Thanks Brandon

1 old 67

Loc.
L.A.
I Can See You Running The Cd Player Off That But The Fuel Pump? That Would Mean It Is On All The Time ? You Need To Run The Fuel Pump Though A Switch Unless I Read Your Post Worng .........anyway You Cd Player Is Going To Take Power So You Will Get A Small Spark I Do. It Takes Power As Soon As You Give It Power (for The Clock Stuff Like That ) Just Make Sure That Is What It Is Sounds Like You Are Going About It The Right Way

scotch

Loc.
Green River, Wyoming
Everything you mentioned sounds normal to me, if I am reading your mesage right. Are you just concerned about the spark or is there a problem with the battery draining?

OP
OP
J

jbbies

Loc.
Durango
Well the battery has been draining as well I was thinking that it was because the was a short but maybe its something else if it sounds normal. I have the pump on a switch that is just the power lead to the switch Im tapping into before for the cd player if that makes since.

1 old 67

Loc.
L.A.
ya i get what you mean and what other things are you running ( accessories off of this wire like electric fuel pump) I dont think this is a big deal but better safe than sorry and i am not sure that fuse is big enough for what you are running you mite want to look into that

OP
OP
J

jbbies

Loc.
Durango
yeah I have a few things on this wire. Pump, msd ign, elec choke and cd player. Do you guys think I have to much on this wire and to much for the 15 amp fuse?