• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yet Another Super Single Thread!!!

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Just got mine finished last night, i came out the manifolds with 2.25" into one Magnaflow and out behind the rear tire with 3". It rumbles low when idle, kinda shakes the truck, and everything else in the shop. When i get on it it does not get too much louder, which is ok, higher RPM it does sound a little like a NASCAR. overall i am happy, cost less than half what the local shop quoted me ($400 muffler not included).

Grant

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
How about some pics? Or better yet, how about a sound file? ;D

Jeepeater

I agree with the sound.. rumbles good at idle.. little louder with some gas...sounds good. my old dual flowmasters made people look when I was coming a 1/4 mile down the road and was on the gas.

Russ

Loc.
Florence Al
I like the new stealth trend. A single can on a healthy V8 is such a perfect sound. Dual flowmasters are too loud for my taste.

Congrats on building it yourself too.

OP
OP
grant_71

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Ok here is what i snapped this morning, i couldn't get on the creeper since i had on good clothes this morning, so i took what i could, got the nice shiny polished magnaflow too (only thing in stock). I will try and get a decent sound clip next week when i get home.

Attachments

• ex 1.jpg
    ex 1.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 81
  • ex 2.jpg
    ex 2.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 58
  • ex 3.jpg
    ex 3.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 98

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I was just looking at the pics and the install looks good...and I am not sure what you are going to be doing in the truck, BUT have you jacked up the front end by the frame to check the drop on the front axle....it looks a little like the exhaust is quite close to the driveshaft and will limit the front axle's ability to drop...if that was ever to be necessary. Hopefully its just the angle of the pic.

OP
OP
grant_71

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I was just looking at the pics and the install looks good...and I am not sure what you are going to be doing in the truck, BUT have you jacked up the front end by the frame to check the drop on the front axle....it looks a little like the exhaust is quite close to the driveshaft and will limit the front axle's ability to drop...if that was ever to be necessary. Hopefully its just the angle of the pic.

Have no fear, i got it covered. That is just the angle of the picture, In order for it to hit it would have to flex the stock suspension about 36 inches. And if that happens i have other issues because right now this is pretty much just going to be pounding pavement and running some fire breaks, maybe hit the beach now and then nothing too extreme....yet

Grant

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Wow there is a term I have heard in 40 years ...fire break ....Back in the 50's around here you were concidered rich if your ranch had fire breakes along the fences .....But I like your exhaust ...

kntr

Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of mine
DSC00373.jpg