• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yukon Hardcore axles

73bronco

So I bought the standard 4340 Yukon axles 3 years ago. Since then I have had both stubs warrantied out once each. Then I broke a lf inner axle. Then I twisted another stub so I bought a Yukon hardcore stub to replace it. Well this weekend I was SNOW wheeling with almost no traction and the RF inner axle blew up. Tore the yoke right off of it. The super joint and stub are both fine. I am really tired of dealing with broken axles! When I replaced the stub with a hardcore there was a significant difference in appearance of the quality and so far the stub has held up fine. So I am thinking about getting a Yukon Hardcore long side inner to replace the one I broke this weekend. Then replacing the other axles with hardcore as they break if the hardcore axle seem to hold up.

SO with that unneccessarily long post my question is: Does anyone have any experience with the Hardcore line of Yukons??? Are they worth it???? I want as much feedback as possible, Thanks!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Your experiences with the Yukons mirrors my own exactly, especially the outer stub shaft failure. I gave up and went with Warns (got a set that was lying around for some years)..and now that option off the table too I guess?. When did the 'hardcore' line show up? Who sells them?

Sorry..more questions than answers.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm. The plot thickens. Randy's ended up with the Yukon brand and Warn's 'offroad stuff except winches' businesses, right? But for some reason the Warn axle production got hung up? I had heard that Randy was going to try and kill two birds with one stone; find a sub for the good Warn axles and 'fix' the reputation of the Yukons with a better product.

Anyone can confirm that the new 'hardcore' axles are the result of that direction Randy took? I'm betting so..and therefore, as a 'warranty-and-quality-concious' business guy myself, I'm betting they are quality axles.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
The Warn axle line was sold to Randy's (Yukon). Yukon now makes the Hard Core line in the states like Warn did.

We sell Yukon hard cores and imports.:)

I have run Warns with CTMs in the Mare for years. Haven’t broke (I'm not trying hard enough) but just maintenance is a pain. Because I don't do maintenance then I have to rebuild the CTMs because I forget to grease them all the time. I like the RCVs we added them this year but i have not ran them yet. I guess you have to use the large opening type knuckles 76-77 to use these.

At some point Dana 60 comes into play;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Warn axle line was sold to Randy's (Yukon). Yukon now makes the Hard Core line in the states like Warn did.

Thanks Jim..that seems to fit the pieces I had picked up on. Good news, I'd venture to say?

OP
OP
73bronco

73bronco

I had heard that the Yukon Hardcore line was rebranded Warn axles so please let me know about the Warns as well! I would love to put some rcvs in my Bronco but that is a lot of $$$$ up front...easier on the wallet with single axle shaft purchases at a time!!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My own experience with the original Warns has been excellent and so has that of the guys I built axles for using the Warns some years ago.

I went Yukons due to price mainly (and decent warranty) ..stuck with them for a few years until I got tired of the repeated failures that were clearly due to substandard materials or hardening..and so now I'm back looking for something like the Warns again.

I wanted to buy, a couple years back, the ( I'm going from my poor memory here) Super Chromos from Alloy USA (?..is that correct?) but they were never available..always out of stock.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru

Exactly - I've blown two rear outputs and an input on the D20, ripped the rear yolk off my D70 and broke a front output yolk on my Atlas without even touching my D60 ;D All that with a tired 302 and 4.11's -

I suggest checking Pirate4x4 out for more information, I believe there is a bit of talk about it if you search for it.

lottabrown

Loc.
Lorena
Rcv

We sell Yukon hard cores and imports.:)

I have run Warns with CTMs in the Mare for years. Haven’t broke (I'm not trying hard enough) but just maintenance is a pain. Because I don't do maintenance then I have to rebuild the CTMs because I forget to grease them all the time. I like the RCVs we added them this year but i have not ran them yet. I guess you have to use the large opening type knuckles 76-77 to use these.

Dont mean to hijack...but the RCV's will work with the 78' & 79' knuckles too won't it?

OP
OP
73bronco

73bronco

Dont mean to hijack...but the RCV's will work with the 78' & 79' knuckles too won't it?

The '78 and '79 Knuckles are large like the '76 and '77. May be even bigger than the earlier ones so you should be fine! That is one other advantage to going with the Ford disc conversion over the C#@^y, much bigger openings!