• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Temperature gage

Braddw25

Loc.
Jersey Shore, PA
Hi fellow Bronco lovers!

I'm still in the process of getting my wiring mess under the dash fixed. It's going pretty well and everything except for the rear turn signals is working now. One other problem I'm having is that the temperature gage goes clear up to the H on the gage as soon as I fire up my Bronco. I'm certain that it's an innacurate readying because the engine doesn't even have time to get up to operating temp before the gage pegs. Is this most likely a bad sensor or sender, or is it possible that the wires are connected wrong to the gage? Thanks!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You might have the temp and oil pressure gauge wires swapped. Heres the breakdown:
temp wire=red/white stripe
oil press=white/red stripe
fuel=orange

If that isn't it disconnect the temp sender on the intake and see if the gauge drops all the way down. If it does, replace the sender.

OP
OP
B

Braddw25

Loc.
Jersey Shore, PA
What does your fuel gauge do? With a full tank of gas I guess its possible they are swapped.

The fuel gauge works just as it should. The tank is full now, but last week it was down near 1/4 and that is what the gauge read. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bradd

OP
OP
B

Braddw25

Loc.
Jersey Shore, PA
You might have the temp and oil pressure gauge wires swapped. Heres the breakdown:
temp wire=red/white stripe
oil press=white/red stripe
fuel=orange

If that isn't it disconnect the temp sender on the intake and see if the gauge drops all the way down. If it does, replace the sender.

Thanks, viper. I'll have to check those things when I get home.

Bradd