• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Panel Alignment Question

rmoore

Loc.
Plano, TX
I have a quick question:

You know on the side of the truck up where that chrome stripping would normally go, there is a bit of relief that runs the length of the truck, my question is, was the position/distance of that relief the same for all years? Does that make sense? In other words, if I had a door from a 73 and a front fender from say a 68, would that relief line be in the same spot or is one maybe say 1/4 inch lower or higher?

I'm having a small alignment problem and can't figure it out. My only other thought is maybe one is a replacement panel and it just wasn't an exact replacement?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
The body line should be the same. I have older doors on my 76 and it lines up. Could be sagging body mounts or hinges too...

meadowblaster

Some cheaper replacement fenders are close to 1/4" off from factory, that could be the problem.