• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DrBronco69's Super New Crawler Build Thread

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
OK here it is. Those of you that know me fairly well, know I am kind of flighty at times. Maybe I am just not happy with what I have. Or I am just competitive. Or I like to do my own thing. Or as my Sig says....."Whatever" I have started a new build. Over the past 7 years, I have purchased an EB, restored the body, daily drove it, took it wheeling, made it more trail friendly, daily drove it less, made it more rock friendly, drove it even less..............rolled it, and piece mealed it back together. Since then I have just wheeled it really hard. Well....what I thought was hard anyways. I rollled it a couple more times after that and decided that I want an all out SAFE and CAPABLE trail rig. This is the start of my (hopefully) WINTER build. ;D

Lst month, I went wheeling with a great group of people in Knoxville,TN and seeing all of their trick rigs got my own gears a turning.

The place is rocky and there is tons of wicked hill climbs. A good friend of mine asked me before we left if I had a winch. Of course, I said NO?????? What do I need a winch for? I've never really been stuck. Besides, I have 4.56 gears, lockers and 37" PitBull tires. HaHaHaHaHaHaha..........OK he said. I was uninformed, or let's just state the facts.........I was ignorant!

In the past week, I have sold my 37's, my axles( locked F+R ) my suspension, interior, cut my front clip off, removed my doors, detached my body from the frame and have decided to build an all out trail Bronco/Buggy or Truggy as I may. What is wrong with me? Not a damn thing. Sell the dragbike, forget about the race cars..........I am going wheeling like a rock star!!!!!!!!!

You all don't have to read on if you don't want to, but this is going to be a pretty cool build. I am open to all suggestions from the peanut gallery;D

My plans include a 351, 102-106 wheelbase, 4 link front and rear, Coilovers, about 40% or more tube chassis, Dana 60's w/5.13 gears and lockers, Full PSC Hydro, chromy's, 40 or 42" Pit Bulls, etc.etc. I want to keep the main body of the tub stock and keep the doors. I may, lengthen the chassis, cut down a hard top to make it look like an extended cab.........who knows. Ideas flow through the mind like water flows down a fall. Maybe I'm just bored. just want something that stands out.

I am a body man by trade, so you will see some major narrowing, trimming,cutting of my pretty solid tub. ( Sorry Guys )

I plan to employ some good friends in my local wheeling group as well as some veteran race car guys and local rednecks. We will be trading labor and stories, hopefully over many long nights of shit talking and beer drinking.

So............I got my safety glasses on, welder is close by and beer is in the fridge. Whatcha gotta say?

Pics to follow. :p

Attachments

• bronco1.jpg
    bronco1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 306
  • bronco 2.jpg
    bronco 2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Copy of DSC02158.jpg
    Copy of DSC02158.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
DSC02490.jpg

McCaslin07003.jpg

McCaslin07043.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Before the shait assed roll............
IMG_0102.jpg

After the roll.

BG.jpg

BG4.jpg

BG2.jpg

Then in Tennessee before second roll

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Then the Roll in Tennessee.........................

IMG_0136-1.jpg

IMG_0135-1.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Last edited:

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I feel somehow connected in your story...brother from another mother type way. From the sound of your new project all I can say is can't wait for the pictures.

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
OMG DR. I. love. it! Cant wait to see the progress and I'm sure the gang here would be more then happy to help. Congrats and wow on the progress already.

PS Mike is laying in bed sicker than a dog....so here I sit reading this post to him and asked hey what time did Mike post this.... his comment 2am...OK back to letting Mike sleep.

keep the pics coming!

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Wow Dr. Bronco, sounds like alot to do before the Fools bash. I say your rig needs to be more like the MpCrewcab. That is My favorite off road bronco rig. If I was going outside of the box, I would MpCrewcab it.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Way to go Mike, Somehow I knew you were on that path since the first day I seen you wheel in Wisconson at the 40th. I thought who the heck is this guy with the clean baby blue bronco with no lockers and a Dana 30 wheeling like he stole it;D I think for your needs you have chosen the right path. Get-er-done & wheel her hard.

Tom

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
OMG DR. I. love. it! Cant wait to see the progress and I'm sure the gang here would be more then happy to help. Congrats and wow on the progress already.

PS Mike is laying in bed sicker than a dog....so here I sit reading this post to him and asked hey what time did Mike post this.... his comment 2am...OK back to letting Mike sleep.

keep the pics coming!

Too funny..........;D You know how I do it.

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I will be posting many pics as I go. I'm too lazy to post threads on all the other forums, so this will be the only one I keep going. ;)

Leaving work right now to go pick up my new tome Dana 60's. Got a 7-8 hour trip ahead of me..........Wish me luck!:cool:

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Way to go Mike, Somehow I knew you were on that path since the first day I seen you wheel in Wisconson at the 40th. I thought who the heck is this guy with the clean baby blue bronco with no lockers and a Dana 30 wheeling like he stole it;D I think for your needs you have chosen the right path. Get-er-done & wheel her hard.

Tom

I sure hope so Tom. It's already costing me a pretty penny and I haven't done anything but start taking stuff apart.?:?

Karl's 68

Loc.
green bay
Geez Mike, you should have stopped in when you were in GB. Hate to see a decent truck chopped up just for crawling. You could have looked over my junk for a new canidate instead of yours. Good luck, hope to see you and your rig this year. Karl