• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Soft top attachment to windshield

adam05ford

Loc.
San Marcos, Texas
I am fixing to get a soft top custom made at a canvas shop and i was wondering how the ones you can buy are attached to the windshield. If anyone knows or has any good pictures of the attachment method it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Follow this link to the old STC site and download the instructions. Its quite detailed. The went belly up. They were formerly Kayline. Their tops are very durable and the fit is as perfect as can be. Hope this helps.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
This is how Kayline, Speedy trac, and Rampage attach theirs. The extruded aluminum channel that the top slides into, is the same track the RV awnings are attached with. So it's available by the ft. The riser is needed to attach the channel with the top. Good luck with your project.

Attachments

• IMG_4803.JPG
    IMG_4803.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4799.JPG
    IMG_4799.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4800.JPG
    IMG_4800.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4804.JPG
    IMG_4804.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 43

66fora69er

Contributor
The bestop riser is a little taller (and sharper, tears up the top a little quicker in my case) definitely needed to clear a stock wiper motor. probably not needed with wipers removed but you will need something to secure the top to the top of the windshield. Kayline is lower and a better option. if the top is being made custom get the riser to your top guy prior to completion. good luck

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Risers on some co's models were to clear the wiper motor, others had a drop bracket for the wiper motor, some co (don't know who - mine) had neither, and others had snaps attached directly to the windshield (earliest model).

I will make a tuneau type dealie some day. I have a tilt down stre. wheel. Will lock it down so nothing will be above the doors, bed rails etc. Pull out the window frames. It will B like a boat cover. Will snap over a folded down windshield on the hood and continue over the bed & tail gate. It will go down the sides about to 'er cute lill' belt line. A zipper will be placed in the driver's area with a curved path so as to be able to get in, snap the ster wheel up n drive away. Almost like the spray skirt on my kayak (not as tight). There will B 2 bows (made from strapin) 1 @ the bulk head area and 1 1/2 way between there and the tail gait. Don't wanna hassle with other tops (damn that wagon top is heavy for an ol' fella like me). Tired w/my foolish messin with the other 3 tops. That way I can move the seat back (to stretch out my legs so as to not feel like I'm sittin @ the kitchen table) with out reconstructin the 1/2 cab n bulkhead. I go slo enuff to not hafta pull the whole thing off due to the rushin winds flappin it all around.