• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door Post removal and installation.

Bhall75

Loc.
Atlanta
I'm looking to restore my Bronco and I need to replace the passenger's side door post. I consider myself a good welder and mechanic. I also need to replace floor pans, kick panels, and inner fenders. Would it be best to replace everything by myself except the door post and have the shop that is going to paint it replace the door post? I have heard horror stories of replacing them and the door not fitting right. I guess I'm asking time vs money? I'm not sure how much they would charge me to replace it since they are painting it. The shop is a top notch place in Atlanta, Ga.

Archey

Loc.
Russellville, Arkans
I'm thinking of doing a eb restore also. I have a 77 that has all the same ailments that you described on yours except mine is driver side. Please post if you find a good way to replace doorpost and keep body strait!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Search posts by blue71 . He has done this several times and has measurements that you will need to take before, durring and after removal replacement. Have patience, I know he spends a lot of time fitting and tacking before he burns it in for good.