• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flaming River Tilt/Auto adjustment

69for5

Loc.
Olive Branch
I have the tilt all installed and am having a bear of a time getting the shift linkage to work. I adjusted the upper linkage attatchment point (damn allen screws) while the actual linkage was connected to the transmission in PARK. Snugged everything up and tried to shift gears and it just binds up. There really isnt a ton of room to adjust the plate that the linkage goes into on the column. Either the shift linkage is too short or, well, I dunno........anybody install one of these things??

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
On mine I had to adjust the linkage at the transmission (lower shift rod: loosen bolt, slide and retighten). I also had to move the upper plate as you have. My bronco has a 2" BL and not sure if this caused this, but I also had to heat and bend the shift rod so it would clear the rear spark plug. Once all this was done, no more bind.