• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Temp gauge problems

Airborne_Sapper

Loc.
Fayetteville
Fellas, Having some trouble with my temp gauge. to start I have put a centech wiring harness in the truck. The oil pressure and fuel gauge work fine so that rules out the IVR. I checked that there was the correct voltage at the rear of the gauge and also the wire at the sensor. They were. Also I have a new sensor. So I thought then that it was the point of attachment of the wire to the sensor. So I changed that connection and now instead of not working the gauge peggs out if anyone has any ideas where to start from now I would really appreciate it.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Wrong sensor put your old one back in.

Test the wireing by grounding the sensor wire gauge should go to Max

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Airborne_Sapper

Airborne_Sapper

Loc.
Fayetteville
well i grounded the the wire at the gauge and the gauge itself pegged out this was after i put in the old sensor. also it did not work with the new sensor. so does this mean that i need another new sensor or what?

RV77

Loc.
Springfield,IL
Remove wire from sensor and ground the terminal end of wire.The guage will/should max out at hot.That means circuit is good from terminal to and including guage.If it doesnt either and break in wire or bad guage.

and if it pegs to full hot...You need a new sensor and the right one.The sensor has to match the guage since they are calibrated

OP
OP
Airborne_Sapper

Airborne_Sapper

Loc.
Fayetteville
well i grounded the terminal end of the wire and it pegged out the gauge on the old and new sensor. so if there is a sensor that is calibrated for my gauge where do i find the specs for the sensor to match my gauge?