• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Torque Converter

acbronco66

Loc.
Alexander City, Al
I am trying to figure out what to replace my converter with. I think my converter is probaly bad. I have to rev up the motor for it to pull then it does not react to acceleration. What is the stock numbers for a converter for a 77 c-4. I upgraded to a 351w from a 289 and cannot get it to act like I want it to. Any help would be appreciated.

Ross Baker

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
It could also be the valve body in the transmission. Go to summitracing.com and search. I did it and it comes up with all different specs but they will all work just depends on what you want. I had a 91 mustang GT that did the same thing basically...seemed like it was in neutral when I would hit the gas...did turn out to be the torque converter, but everyone said it was the valve body...good luck.