• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stock fuel sender with electric pump

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
has anyone been successful with making a stock fuel sender work with a in tank fuel pump for a efi setup. is there enough room to do this or does this pose for a safety issue being the tank was never designed for this. i no there are tanks being made for our trucks for efi but was looking to keep what i have and maybe make it work and save a few bucks being the economy is for sh-t.

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
i used a stock 5.0 fuel sending unit and pump. check out my build thread.

cef93b91.jpg

that is a "street elbow" from the lows plumbing section. it would not slip on the end of the pump. i heated the fitting with a torch and it sweleld enough to slip on. I do not have a level indication though. you could always get an aftermarket level sender and install it.

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
well that is the hard part. i have searched for a 4 prong plug sender with the right diameter but i cant find one. the aftermarket level sending unit would be easy to do.

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
explain to me how it would work with a aftermarket sending unit. i am losing you on this. doesn't the setup your using have the sender built on it. is their any way to make that setup work with maybe the original float and arm setup. where would you mount the aftermarket sender.

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
Last edited:

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
I am doing a conversion for both tanks using stock sending unit. Will folow up with some details and pics.

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
i was thinking you made it work somehow without drilling another hole in the tank. but that would be easy to do the only thing is i don't remember but is there enough room between the tank and body for the wiring. i would think there is.