• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Alaska Guys

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
So back 10 or 12 years ago . The wife & I were planning a trip to Alaska & I posted up on here For the Alaskan Boy to post up who they were & WHERE THEY WERE LOCATED .. Kind of jobs & pICUTES of their Broncos how they used them & how they hunted & fished with them.
... I'd like for you guys to post up some pictures again ..See how many are still out there.
Also any one else who'se been to Alaska post up any of your pictures also.
............ & Just for some of the other members here that might not know of this trip. Guys go ahead & add your Pictures Of running the HWY1..
This is also a trip I'd love to drive with my Bronco . But my wife doesn't even want to drive the Diesel Haul truck.
.. I believe this trip normally takes about 4 days to pull off.
As slow as I run it might take me 6 or 7 days.
... & If any one has more thoughts feel free to add them for this trip.
... Last time we were there we only flew into Anchorage & rented a car & drove down to The coast Seward . Then went back to Delia & Then road a train to Fairbanks . & Flew Home.
.... If any of you have must see. Throw them in.
Back years ago there were about 15 AK Guys . That were active. I love my last trip to AK.
.. WIFE wants to do the Cruise from WASHINGTON this time . Up to Wasilla & Juneau.. I want to fly back into Anchorage & then ride the train toward Canada & fly home.
...... ADD TOO THIS & take it anywhere you feel it needs to go . Just please don't take me back to MEXICO.

Last edited:

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Not AK boy but AL one who loves Alaska. Several trips their fishing and driving, last one being “bucket list” from AL up Alaska Highway. With enough time and right mindset, I highly recommend. The smaller the towns and villages the better for us. Amazing, not necessarily in a good way, the changes brought by cruse industry to coastal communities in my 20 years of trips. But all worth visiting, some at least once. We ended our AK trip driving to Haynes, which requires traveling through unbelievable BC landscapes. Beautiful small town not yet overrun with tee shirt shops, etc. Found a knife maker there for many years originally from AR, national park where bald eagles migrate for salmon run, and worlds largest hammer museum! What else could u want ! We took 4 day AK state ferry (with our van) back to Bellingham WA. Fun experience, think tents and campers on deck, and I really enjoyed. Wife not so much, not a cruise ship !
Enjoy your trip. I want to go back !

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I lived there 99-02 and again 2005-2010, loved it, wife wants to go back. I was not into Broncos back then though, but did a lot of 4 wheeling on Jims Creek on the Knik River. Homer, AK was always my favorite place to go, down on the Kenai peninsula.

Bamabaja I drove from Atlanta to Bellingham back in March 99 and took the same ferry boat to Haynes Junction and STILL had to drive another day and a half to get to Anchorage, but man what a beautiful drive, mountains everywhere, herds of caribou crossing the roads, and dumbass moose of course that would stroll right in front of you even if you're running 70 mph...good times be careful Pa you definitely aint the top of the food chain up there, but sounds like you're a pretty good shot ;):D

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
THANKS bAMA jAMMER ..
i DON'T THINMK MY wife will go for that run inland. Now If we'd been on a couple for her .. Then she'd be all in for one trip into the interior. & I'd like to get into the BC Territory..

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
1st Rodeo thanks I'll look up a couple of those places.
Man I've been on a bunch of vacations but nothing every like Alaska .. It was so awesome.
I'm not sure we can get back but that's the plan.

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
I'm still up here, probably will be til I die. Still waiting for global warming to kick in... Anytime you guys make it up here feel free to hit me up, I'll try and get you on a trail or two.

Attachments

• IMAG3939.jpg
    IMAG3939.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 125

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
It's on my want to see list one of these darn days...

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I've always wanted to ask 399strokerEB and others up there if you happen to know my ex brother in law. Steve Gianopoulos, owns a dental practice up there. He's lived in Homer, North Pole and now Wasilla I think. Lives to hunt and fish up there.

We were up for his wedding in the mid '90's? and loved it up there. Sitting outside having a beer at 1:00 am at dusk just before the sun rose again was very cool.

Keeping this Bronco related, when he and his family came back to Portland for visits, he used my '72 Bronco at the time and enjoyed it, as he's a fan of the classics.

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
I've always wanted to ask 399strokerEB and others up there if you happen to know my ex brother in law. Steve Gianopoulos, owns a dental practice up there. He's lived in Homer, North Pole and now Wasilla I think. Lives to hunt and fish up there.

We were up for his wedding in the mid '90's? and loved it up there. Sitting outside having a beer at 1:00 am at dusk just before the sun rose again was very cool.

Keeping this Bronco related, when he and his family came back to Portland for visits, he used my '72 Bronco at the time and enjoyed it, as he's a fan of the classics.

That's hilarious, he's my family's dentist.

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
And the world gets smaller.

Alaska is the only state I haven't been to that I feel is worth visiting. More than a few have left here and moved there to escape people.

It's changed a lot from when I was a kid, but still nothing like the contiguous.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
I live in bemidji, mn. It's a 4 day minimum 3000 mile drive for my wife and me. Love spending summers there in the palmer/wasilla area.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
In December of 2003 I drove from Kansas to Fairbanks via the Alcan. I pulled a 22’ gooseneck to deliver an airboat we sold to a doctor. We left the rig in Fairbanks over the winter, returned in Sept of 2004 for a fishing trip at Valdez then my son drove the truck home.
I went back in 2013, flew from Boulder Colo across Canada up to Anchorage with another guy in his bush plane. Alaska gets in your blood

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
GREAT STORIES Guys... I sure hop Mimi & I can get back up there.
... Now let me ask a question... When we were there before .. I didn't think any of the restaurants we ate at were very good. Dallas Ft Worth Galveston Houston all have very good food. We usually eat at higher end restaurants .2 meals 85.. up & A few time it's been 200 bucks .
But that was the old disappointment of that trip.
You all going to slap me for that one.

bwnieder

Contributor
399strokerEB, I don't have any pics on here, both are currently in Washington State, awaiting rebuilds. I was on the FB page, I will check it out.