• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
And besides that its just gay!:-*

Also I think the funniest thing to happen is when your Chevy motor breaks down (and it will) when your at a Bronco event and you have to sit there and watch everything because no one carries crappy parts to help you out!

brentmc

Loc.
Pasco, Washington
OK I see the differance but in my defense you always hear about the chevy brake conversion so I had to ask :eek: , and yes it is gay and no I dont run a chevy 350 in fact the low down on mine is a 351 aussi motor married to a c-4 and Im debateing to install a turbo on the motor looks tight to say the least

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
well....i hate chevy almost as much as i hate jeep.

and i hate that people swap a ford in a chev and a chev in a ford...i think its wrong...

and if EFI is all your going after....sell the chevy stuff and get the stuff you need for a a 5.0 efi set up, will run ya $300 MAX!

if your doing it not to spend any money your thinking wrong, it still will cost $$$$ to do the swap.

i understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....but im trying to think of anyone that could look at a chev motor in a FORD and say, yes...that is a master peace...

but really....it is your bronco...its your sick twisted dream (like Megan Fox being pregnant with chuckie) so do as you wish....just don't expect to get any plus points from anyone other then guys with RED NECK tattooed on them. %)

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anybody even remember what the thread starter was wanting to know when he started this thread?

"anybody know if there are any writeups on puting a 350 into a eb?"

This was posted on 8/11 and he hasn't been back since 8/13, I wonder why? I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the way he was treated.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
and thusly; his question is answered. no info here on how to put a 350 into an eb.
now if he'd asked how to put a 350 into a 95 or later S-10, I could answer that...and I woulda freely shared all my info with him.

I have no problem givin somebody a hard time...cuz I fully expect to be given a hard time if I were to ask a question like that. seriously, what did he expect?%)
although, my comment "g'bye blah blah...misguided goal" comment was regrettable. it sounded mean...it was alcohol inspired. :p
and just for the record, I have ZERO chevy parts on my EB.

lamp210

Loc.
northern michigan
hello well i did it! and i hope that this don't get me band from this site,but here are a couple of pic's of my 350 sbc in my 75 bronco,i used the ford 3 speed tranny and a chevy clutch, i had access to a machine shop at the time of the build so that helped.

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 39

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
so, i have this 66 corvette and want to install a 427 in it.. you know the ford 427.. is there a kit for this.. lol..

you know i am kidding i would never break the heart of a ford motor by putting it in a chevy ..

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I don't think it's gonna get you banned from the site, but don't expect many kudos.

You make an adapter?

A couple of years ago my brother had a 96 Bronco with the 351 and I had a Yukon with the vortec 350, and I can tell ya from towing the exact same boat and camper with both vehicles, the Chebby has at minimum, double the power of the Bronco w/351.

I have a 3 litre toyota turbo diesel that Im considering installing in a EB.
That will get me as much hate mail as your chebby motor.
At least I'll be getting 25 mpg.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Do what you want for sure... but consider this...

George Clooney is an amazingly good looking guy (so my wife tells me).

Breasts are amazing (I know this all on my own)

However putting Breasts on George Clooney somehow just feels wrong.

My first car was a 69 Camaro SS Convert.... Along the way i've owned other camero's even a 63 vette I restored (and sold for $3,200 and 4 pistols) it was a bad year for me. I have no animosity toward Cheby. Wish I still owned the 69 Camero.

Putting a 350 in a bronco, just feels wrong to me. But that's my 2c. I wouldn't tell you this to you face unless you asked me. Which, a few beers ago and the start of this thread I can't recall now If you did or IF you didn't. But, again... Do what you want... After all its all about you... and your toys... not me and mine.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
You make an adapter?

A couple of years ago my brother had a 96 Bronco with the 351 and I had a Yukon with the vortec 350, and I can tell ya from towing the exact same boat and camper with both vehicles, the Chebby has at minimum, double the power of the Bronco w/351.

A vortec 350, Double the power%) please, spew your crap somewhere else.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
You make an adapter?

Ya know it's asshats like this that really make me hate chebbys. Wheres your location, Id love to see that (double the horsepower) bronco.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
A vortec 350, Double the power%) please, spew your crap somewhere else.

Hey, maybe there was something wrong with the 351,
I towed the same boat n the same road with both vehicles. The Yukon would drag it up the same hill almost twice the speed as the 351 big bronco.
Not my fault.

But Its still weird to see brands mixed and matched, I was at a car show a while back and there were five '40 Ford coupes, ONE had a Ford engine.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Hey, maybe there was something wrong with the 351,
I towed the same boat n the same road with both vehicles. The Yukon would drag it up the same hill almost twice the speed as the 351 big bronco.
Not my fault.

But Its still weird to see brands mixed and matched, I was at a car show a while back and there were five '40 Ford coupes, ONE had a Ford engine.

And it was probably the fastest.;D

shonivey

To me if you are so "proud" of your chevy running gear....put in a chevy body. seems simple enough , but I guess it get's lost in translation.
Cheaper does not mean BETTER!!