• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Window Glass Install

jarch

This is probably old news but after spending a couple of hours in frustration, here’s an approach that worked for me:

- install glass only in the door - nothing else
- install the vent window
- pull the glass up into the vent window and frame
-install the rest of the components

The window will have to come up and down a few times to get everything installed and adjusted.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now that you posted up a description, where is the video!
Ha ha! Just kidding. I imagine the last thing on your mind during all that was trying to document it.

Glad you at least talked about it, but I’m having a difficult time imagining it because I know it’s kind of a convoluted process. And have avoided it for literally decades!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
My self also I need a new driver vent class & some seals ... But just fixing my window glass a few time .
Has been enough.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I just went through this this past weekend and found that installing the lower felt runners in the door, then dropping the glass all the way to the bottom of the door through it worked best. Then I installed the vent window. The felt track on the vent window matched up perfectly with the lower track.