• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Back to Bronco

Schloer2

I sold my ‘76 about a decade ago and have bounced through a different toy every couple years (air cooled 911, scout ii, cj, m3, lotus elise) but today I finally pulled the trigger and came back to Bronco. It’s the only vehicle I have ever regretted selling and I’m thrilled to be putting once back in the garage. Would have loved to get into a coyote powered lubr, but I settled for a good foundation (I hope) at a reasonable price (I think). Cheers to the community that I’m happy to rejoin!

Old girl:
dd6b125e6c1b931e8b11e08624e92c9d.jpg

New rig:
87ba630fa31eeff20a72fe27b726eefc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome back!

And I must say that first one was really sharp! Second one ain't bad either!;)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Welcome back to the best! :)

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I’m already compiling a list of things I want to do to make the new rig mine…I will struggle to stay patient waiting for the transporter to arrive!

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

The new rig was loaded on the transporter last night. Small chance it is delivered tomorrow evening…but more likely I go pick it up from the yard Monday after I get home from some quick travel. I am beyond excited to get her in the garage and start cleaning, tinkering, and planning.

Cheers and happy Thanksgiving!

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

Was that one posted/purchased in Bayside NY?

It was. I was a little suspect of it, but love the look (and the wife like orange so that always helps) and I had some good chats with the seller and saw a fair amount of video/pictures…ultimately decided to roll the dice and am cautiously optimistic that it shows up roughly as represented. Do you happen to know the truck?

Last edited:

Leila's Crush

No, I was going to get in touch with the owner, but lost track of time, and now I am in school at Ft Lauderdale.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And usually one does not look forward to the end of vacation, lol. Can hear you now....”so Captain, just how fast can this old bird go?” Always the way, if you were home it would’ve been a day late.
Congrats!

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

She is home and mostly as expected. Trans wasn’t shifting great when I picked it up, but seemed to smooth out after warming up so hopefully it can hold together for a while and just wants to be driven. There is some less than professional body work in places, but overall looks pretty rust free from my initial inspections. Biggest fail is that the rig doesn’t fit in my garage when the top is up - hoping I can find a way to adjust the center bow to find an extra 1/2” or so of height reduction!

Happy to have the new rig and looking forward to cleaning it up and making it mine.

29a9b25f1368deee895cf0382ba04646.jpg

ffa3e512ed653fb28c163cbe13cef4c4.jpg

b7e133029ba0ce8a956223b6e5acf8e2.jpg

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Buy a Rampage top and you should be able to get it into the garage. They are a bit lower. (And look better too!)

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

Small change of plans I’m trading the orange ‘74 on this awesome ‘71 - it’s a bit more $ but is the rig I really wanted and I decided I shouldn’t settle - the green reminds me of my old ‘76 and more importantly the it has a very honest body and a killer combo of proflo4 efi plus nv3550!

abec5d607b21dca3ddbb37c7e610210e.jpg

Last edited: