• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best reproduction front fenders

papy

Contributor
i know this has been asked over and over however i am looking for most recent experience and feedback from members. who makes the best fitting and best metal quality replacement front fenders for our rigs?

thank you in advance

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
All of them require massaging to fit. The issue is not so much the fenders it's more the broncos getting the fenders.

Years of use and weathering have bent pulled and worn out things.

That said I think most of the vendors sell the same fenders. I got mine from Dennis Carpenter because of the flat rate shipping. They were "blue oval" brand as in came in a blue oval industries box.

I got them to fit perfectly HOWEVER I spent 8 hours on each fender not including the cutting for the side marker.

Tim

OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
All of them require massaging to fit. The issue is not so much the fenders it's more the broncos getting the fenders.

Years of use and weathering have bent pulled and worn out things.

That said I think most of the vendors sell the same fenders. I got mine from Dennis Carpenter because of the flat rate shipping. They were "blue oval" brand as in came in a blue oval industries box.

I got them to fit perfectly HOWEVER I spent 8 hours on each fender not including the cutting for the side marker.

Tim

Do blue oval seems to be a choice brand along with the dynacorn products. Anyone know anything about Gordon products? Do they still make fenders for our rigs? My buddy bought this fender that was sitting on a shelf in a shop for 20+ years and it seems good quality and fitment.

Attachments

• 26F8E220-6601-4C07-8D76-81E85898C1C9.jpg
    26F8E220-6601-4C07-8D76-81E85898C1C9.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
I got a Pr of old Gordon fenders going to try on this summer to my 71 half cab

So the Gordon are still available? Can you tell me who sells them? Might as well aim for those since I know they fit good on my bronco.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Papy,

An item you may want to consider is the Dennis Carpenter unassembled fenders. Talking with other Bronco owners, a lot of them need to cut some of the spot welds out and reweld to fit their maybe less than perfect front apron.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/bronco/body/fenders/d4tz-16005-c-os-bronco-front-fender---rh

Yup, it's either a Blue Oval Industries "jig" issue or the front of the broncos sag over time. I know mine had the typical rust in the areas that would make it sag. I repaired it all and did everything possible to get it back in the original spot.

I had to but out a few spots on both sides and reweld. But they came out perfect and fit with no gap between the fenders and original gill. No spacers needed either.

Tim

OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
Papy,

An item you may want to consider is the Dennis Carpenter unassembled fenders. Talking with other Bronco owners, a lot of them need to cut some of the spot welds out and reweld to fit their maybe less than perfect front apron.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/bronco/body/fenders/d4tz-16005-c-os-bronco-front-fender---rh

Yup, it's either a Blue Oval Industries "jig" issue or the front of the broncos sag over time. I know mine had the typical rust in the areas that would make it sag. I repaired it all and did everything possible to get it back in the original spot.

I had to but out a few spots on both sides and reweld. But they came out perfect and fit with no gap between the fenders and original gill. No spacers needed either.

Tim

i was considering the unassembled ones from DC however i was hoping to get away without having to assemble them. i have to pull the trigger on one of the brands assembled or not and i right now i am leaning towards the DC blue oval or the dynacorn.

thank again

cheers

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I don't know what brand these are, as I bought them used. they had never been put on a rig. But this is what I am dealing with.

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2234.jpg
    IMG_2234.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 128

Jfryjfry

Oh man that does not look like an easy problem to solve....

We got ours from toms I think and I heard nothing from the shop and they seem to fit very well. Certainly no issue where the grill meets. But they did cut off the top rear mount (under the hood) on the passenger side. They should have rewelded it if it was bad instead of just cutting it but I didn’t notice until after it was painted.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Lots of work but got mine fitting what I call perfect.

Tim

Attachments

• 20170426_143455.jpg
    20170426_143455.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20170426_143448.jpg
    20170426_143448.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
Lots of work but got mine fitting what I call perfect.

Tim

well i got my fenders today. i bought the assembled ones form DC and i must say the quality is outstanding. they are the .003 thicker than stock and you can sure tell thats for sure. very happy with the quality now lets see how much work they need to fit lol

thanks

1970 Palmer

I don't know what brand these are, as I bought them used. they had never been put on a rig. But this is what I am dealing with.

It's more an issue of making the grill edge fit the shape of the fenders edge. If you look at it, the material size is the same on both pieces. they just need some reshaping. You would laugh watching me using large blocks of wood and a large dead blow hammer with a rubber mallet as a dolly when reshaping my grill to fit my replacement fender. It was in a roll over accident and every part needed some massaging to get it all close.

Your fenders and grill refit is a 98% metal shaping job, and about a 2% body filler job to finish it off. This comes from "not a body metal man guy" It's really not hard to do if you take your time.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
well i got my fenders today. i bought the assembled ones form DC and i must say the quality is outstanding. they are the .003 thicker than stock and you can sure tell thats for sure. very happy with the quality now lets see how much work they need to fit lol

thanks

Now the fun starts.....Take your time and don't get frustrated at the fit. My guess is you will need to grind out a few of the spot welds. Probably more than you think you should.

I used no body filler on mine. Got them to fit with a removing some spot welds, few tweaks and reshaping.

Bout 8 hours per.......Tool all weekend.....

Tim

OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
Now the fun starts.....Take your time and don't get frustrated at the fit. My guess is you will need to grind out a few of the spot welds. Probably more than you think you should.

I used no body filler on mine. Got them to fit with a removing some spot welds, few tweaks and reshaping.

Bout 8 hours per.......Tool all weekend.....

Tim

Well I am hoping they won't need much work however that is a lot to hope for lol. We will see what shakes out on Sunday

Cheers

davisjstone

Contributor
BroncoNewbie
Old thread but
Well I am hoping they won't need much work however that is a lot to hope for lol. We will see what shakes out on Sunday

Cheers
What was the outcome? Did they go in easy or require a lot of work? I’m thinking of replacing mine to get rid of my warflares but don’t want to open a can of worms. I can’t weld and have no experience doing body work.

Vincen