• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LMC Quarter Panels??

dsquared71Bronc

Questions to throw out there on LMC uncut quarter panels. I was going to order Dennis Carpenter quarter panels but I am traveling to Kansas City soon and can pick them up at the Lenexa, KS location. Has anyone used the LMC version? I know most parts are coming from overseas and DC are made in the US. It could save me cash to pick them up but I also want to make sure the quality is good. Anyone out there had any issue with the LMC quarter?? Thanks

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
No direct experience with LMC, but I’ll venture out anyway…

I’ve heard all of the imported panels are essentially the same fit and quality. I have 3 sets of quarters from different vendors and they all fit about the same.

With that said, the last set I bought from CJ Pony Parts shipped free through UPS. No truck freight to worry about so I’d add that into your calculations.

OP
OP
D

dsquared71Bronc

No direct experience with LMC, but I’ll venture out anyway…

I’ve heard all of the imported panels are essentially the same fit and quality. I have 3 sets of quarters from different vendors and they all fit about the same.

With that said, the last set I bought from CJ Pony Parts shipped free through UPS. No truck freight to worry about so I’d add that into your calculations.
Thanks for the feedback!

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
I don’t have any experience with the LMC Bronco stuff, but I’ve used plenty of their C-10 parts. They are very hit or miss with fitment. Rocker panels that are an inch too short. Extra material bunched up behind the grille so the grille doesn't fit the fenders properly. They are what they are. Inexpensive imported pieces. Some of it is great though. I think it all depends on what they had when they produced the dies. Bad sample will result in bad panels. It’s never been anything that couldn’t either be easily fixed or left alone.

OP
OP
D

dsquared71Bronc

I don’t have any experience with the LMC Bronco stuff, but I’ve used plenty of their C-10 parts. They are very hit or miss with fitment. Rocker panels that are an inch too short. Extra material bunched up behind the grille so the grille doesn't fit the fenders properly. They are what they are. Inexpensive imported pieces. Some of it is great though. I think it all depends on what they had when they produced the dies. Bad sample will result in bad panels. It’s never been anything that couldn’t either be easily fixed or left alone.
Thanks, probably should just go DC.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Don’t ignore CJ Pony Parts. The ones I received for almost perfectly. I got another pair from JBG - same result.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Last I hear is that DC has the original Ford tooling.

The PO I bought from sweared by DC.

I’ve never replaced a panel so just going by rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk