• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

tonytony9

Contributor
Working on the intake manifold today. 1250S-3 gasket replacement, cleaning her up, and spraying with Ford Corporate Blue.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
After I got the lower ball joint rmvd using the common C press, I found out it would not budge the upper. So I ended trying a hydraulic shop press, I thought I was going to taco my knuckle. So I fired up the smoke wrench and got it right out, and then got both new ones pressed back in. Now I am paused to drill the knuckles to be able to use the Bullet Proof steering stuff I had setting around. And so the snowball begins.
bj3.jpeg

Attachments

• bj1.jpeg
    bj1.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 32
  • bj2.jpeg
    bj2.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 31
  • bj5.jpeg
    bj5.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 29
  • bj6.jpeg
    bj6.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 27
  • bj4.jpeg
    bj4.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 28

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Well I got things layed out correctly, in my pic I had the 2 links connected all wrong to the drop pitman arm. It was just quick bolted to keep all the pieces together and not get lost in the shop.

Then I dug into figuring out what I have to mod to put the Bullet Proof steering linkage set up on the Bronco. I need to shorten the main drag link. So I have to measure it like 4 times and cut it once, on one end and then get a new weld in insert/bung from them. And start down that road.

Also have to shorten the other link (coming from the pitman arm and going to the passenger side knuckle). I also drilled out the passenger side knuckle. And still need to put the passenger side knuckle on the axle, put in the upgrade axles in and keep on working on it.

For now just going to get it back together and an all 4's and work on a few other issues.

Bulery159

I looked at mine today, had to goto work early so I didn’t have time to touch it. I’ve been replacing panels in the drivers side got the kick panel mocked up along with a new door post

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Working on fabbing up a copycat console. Ran out of Argon for the welder and had to use self tappers to hold it together till I get gas. Changed dimensions some so I can install cup holders in the flat section in front of the lid. Also cutting an opening in the lower flat section at the front to hold a cell phone. Console fab 1.jpg Console fab 2.jpg

Last edited:

joshua

Contributor
Just threw this duff hoop on for fun. Been sitting in my closet since 2007

Attachments

• IMG_4513.jpeg
    IMG_4513.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 44

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I got it from East Coast Gear Supply. It was during a sale for Black Friday I believe. I have to dig up the receipt when I get back to the house. They hooked me up with a crazy good deal on it plus free shipping. I want to say $930 in total. At that point it was a no-brainer to go back to them for the ring and pinion gears.
Thank you sir.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Went to Davis monthan Air Force Base today car show , I was the only bronco and they put me in the truck category. I got beat out by a 58 Chevy. Long bed farm truck.

Attachments

• IMG_4298.jpeg
    IMG_4298.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 73472284468__D62D65FA-EF6A-4FE4-A36A-CFD2471F8EDE.jpeg
    73472284468__D62D65FA-EF6A-4FE4-A36A-CFD2471F8EDE.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: