• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Plugging orifices for cleaning and painting

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
I know they make plugs for blocking off passages for cleaning and painting, my question is where / who has the best selection? I'm looking for sizes from brake line/power steering/intake manifold orifice sizes currently... Who has a good selection? Cheap is good, quality is better... Thanks, y'all!

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rubber vacuum caps code work too I like the ear plug idea

OP
OP
dmoses42

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
I'm digging the earplug idea for the brake parts. Never thought of anything like that, thanks Viper!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmoses42

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
And the rubber vacuum caps would work for larger orifices. Awesome, thanks spap!

Duct tape always works, but can be tedious. If you're cleaning and painting something like a brake differential valve, the tape won't stick to the part if fluid is present. But with enough effort, there's not much duct tape won't fix. Definitely cheap, too! Thanks 73az...

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I'm digging the earplug idea for the brake parts. Never thought of anything like that, thanks Viper!
Same here @dmoses, plus I’ve got an abundance of them in my shop on the floor, in the tool box, in the Bronco, in the F-150…Randy

OP
OP
dmoses42

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Same here @dmoses, plus I’ve got an abundance of them in my shop on the floor, in the tool box, in the Bronco, in the F-150…Randy
Being retired military, I have a never-ending supply... Well, it will probably end one day, but I have a stockpile...