• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX Styled Steel Wheels, Set of 5

SBradley

Contributor
City: Fort Worth area
Price: $ 1000

I have a complete set of five 15"X8" original styled steel (wagon) wheels. set. They are in excellent, original condition. I do not have the original center caps, just the wheels. Was holding on to them for a future project that is not going to happen. Shipping is not really an option since the postage would be cost-prohibitive so you'll have to arrange for local pick up. I am in the Fort Worth area. I will not break up the set.
Wheel 6.jpg
Wheel 2.jpg
Wheel 3.jpg
Wheel 8.jpg
Wheel 4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SBradley

Contributor
Justino,

Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I am aware these were only optional in 78 & 79, but I have seen interest in these here in the past so I thought I'd give my EB bro's first crack at them. Thanks again.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Justino,

Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I am aware these were only optional in 78 & 79, but I have seen interest in these here in the past so I thought I'd give my EB bro's first crack at them. Thanks again.
Did you see the nearly NOS ones 904Bronco bought a year or so ago? Awesome score.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Just curious, what makes these worth so much? I have a set of 4 15x8 Ford wagon wheels with all 4 center caps (I assumed from the 80s). I really don't have a use for them and would be looking to sell.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Just curious, what makes these worth so much? I have a set of 4 15x8 Ford wagon wheels with all 4 center caps (I assumed from the 80s). I really don't have a use for them and would be looking to sell.

Very difficult to find factory rims for 78/79 Broncos.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
They are very well made I love the look of them on the right bronco early or 78/79 also for dent side pickups.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
What's the difference between those and the wagon wheels you get from the local tire shop for $40?

OP
OP
S

SBradley

Contributor
Just for some added information and clarification, aside from being OE and being very difficult to find, the primary benefit of these wheels is the construction. Those $40 parts store wagon wheels are, by comparison, flimsy. They are typically only thick enough to meet minimum DOT standards. As you can see in the photos, the flanges on these wheels are over 1/3" thick. For comparison, I've included the photos showing the flange thickness measurement for the common, Ford 8-spoke truck wheel.
Wheel 7.jpg
Wheel 9.jpg
Wheel 10.jpg

papy

Contributor
I have a complete set of five 15"X8" original styled steel (wagon) wheels. set. They are in excellent, original condition. I do not have the original center caps, just the wheels. Was holding on to them for a future project that is not going to happen. Shipping is not really an option since the postage would be cost-prohibitive so you'll have to arrange for local pick up. I am in the Fort Worth area. I will not break up the set.
View attachment 924699 View attachment 924700 View attachment 924701 View attachment 924702 View attachment 924703
i have been looking for a set of these for my 78 free wheeling bronco for ages now. Wish i was closer...

OP
OP
S

SBradley

Contributor
Papy,

Where are you located? I'd love to make this happen for you.