• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone know who sells a full bikini soft top for a family cage??? not vinyl(pvc)

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Does anyone know who sells a full bikini soft top for a family cage??? not vinyl(pvc)

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
So just a minor hijack. What would ppl be willing to pay for a sunbrella safari top? I had my mom sew me one and I have the pattern and could make more

OP
OP
BoltBuster

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
So just a minor hijack. What would ppl be willing to pay for a sunbrella safari top? I had my mom sew me one and I have the pattern and could make more

I like Sunbrella material, its strong, UV functional and cheap. I had a top once made by a local guy here for another Bronco.....it was $80. Most of that was shop labor.

OP
OP
BoltBuster

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Besttop has a Safari bikini top made of Haartz denim, they run from $70 to $150 depending on the rep dealer(tons out there), they advertise to fit everything else but a Bronco full cage. I might be able make one of these fit, if I knew which vehicle had a length of 72" from window frame to rear roll rail.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru

I made mine with SunBrella last year. The best part about it is that it is UV resistant, Mold Resistant, Water proof and non stretch.

It will not fade in the sun
Water beads off when it rains
Does not absorb water
You can get it tight the first time unlike vinyl that stretches over time/heat

Mine costed me about $80 for just the materials and I sewed it up.
(white dots are tree pedals)
2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

OP
OP
BoltBuster

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I made mine with SunBrella last year. The best part about it is that it is UV resistant, Mold Resistant, Water proof and non stretch.

It will not fade in the sun
Water beads off when it rains
Does not absorb water
You can get it tight the first time unlike vinyl that stretches over time/heat

Mine costed me about $80 for just the materials and I sewed it up.
(white dots are tree pedals)

Nice!! My wiper motor is relocated and no longer need a riser, which would be the next challenge

rubywoofs

Loc.
Southlake

Got pics of yours? How'd mom work straps/Velcro attachments? Sized for stc or bestop riser? I would like a sunbrella top rather than vinyl, but don't have a sewing mom.

Patrick.M

Loc.
Greenville, SC

I'd love to see the pattern ;D

My stepmom has one of those thousands of dollar sewing machines just collecting dust in the spare bedroom. I was thinking of getting some use out of it for just this purpose.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I'll get it back on the bronco and get some pics. I used it with both a tall riser and a short riser. We put a strap around the middle right in front of the B-pillar, 2 straps off the rear corners to footman loops on the bed rails, and a strap right in front of the rear legs to keep it from flapping.

We used 1" nylon webbing with snap locks for the cross straps, and slip tighteners for the corners.

For the pattern, I just got a regular bikini top and traced it, then extended it to fit the full cage.

OP
OP
BoltBuster

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Pokey,

Can you post a pic of your Bikini Top Riser without the top on it? I'm trying to see how it mounts and was wondering if the riser can be detached from the channel.

Is it Best Tops Riser?

Thanks