• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is it just me?

sharecon

Loc.
tampa
I go out of my way to park far away so nobody throws there door in to mine,i even vallet when i can.So today at outback steakhouse i park in the furthest spot away and my wife who just got a knew suv backs in half my parking spot but i dont know this so im so MAD someone parked like that she got me so good lol.:eek: Anyone have any good stories post them...

Loggerhead

Loc.
Conroe, Tx
I do the same. Go outta my way to park in BFE to avoid getting slammed by some careless person or a wind blown door. Never fails, when I come back out I have a beater parked on each side of me.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
As I am standing in the check out line of my neighborhood grocery, when I spot a helpless mother. This poor woman who has no idea about birth control seems to be loading her flock into the family truckster. Just as I make my way to the door I spot her give the cart a huge shove..as the cart picks up speed I see her door close and she lerchs into gear ..rolling towards my bronco is the fastest cart in the land...really picking up speed aimed toward a direct bullseye on the door. Out of the corner of my eye I spot a hansome young man sprinting accross the parking lot who places himself between my pony and the cart....SMASHING HIM into the bronco.....needless to say..it took me a few blocks before I rear ended her....Kidding...But I did chew her out....which seemed to be pointless...she understood nothing I said....

OP
OP
S

sharecon

Loc.
tampa
As I am standing in the check out line of my neighborhood grocery, when I spot a helpless mother. This poor woman who has no idea about birth control seems to be loading her flock into the family truckster. Just as I make my way to the door I spot her give the cart a huge shove..as the cart picks up speed I see her door close and she lerchs into gear ..rolling towards my bronco is the fastest cart in the land...really picking up speed aimed toward a direct bullseye on the door. Out of the corner of my eye I spot a hansome young man sprinting accross the parking lot who places himself between my pony and the cart....SMASHING HIM into the bronco.....needless to say..it took me a few blocks before I rear ended her....Kidding...But I did chew her out....which seemed to be pointless...she understood nothing I said....

Clueless people everywhere you turn great story:)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Out of the corner of my eye I spot a hansome young man sprinting accross the parking lot who places himself between my pony and the cart....SMASHING HIM into the bronco....

Hay that was me......:cool:...................not;D

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA

I always thought that was the main reason we put thousands of dollars of body armor on our broncos. ;D

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Years ago I owned a Corvette. So I did (and still do with everything I own)as you do, part in BFE to protect my ride. At work a friend and co-worker shared the same view and practice as I, so we would park next to each other at the back of the lot. One morning I arrived earlier than my friend so I was already inside and in the breakroom before my shift enjoing a beverage. A few minutes later my friend walks in and saying nothing lays down a piece of fiberglass with a perfict color match to my Corvette. I looked up saw the expression of, I'M sorry on his face.:cry: All I could do was start laughing out loud.

There was some light rain that morning and it was unusally cold for that time of year. So the light rain began to freeze after I was inside. Attempting to pull in next to me as he has always done. He slid into me and broke a piece off the right front wheel well lip, and knock out the turn signal lamp on his Ranchero.%)

Everyone had a laugh on us that day.%) The two guys who are to good to park with the crowed run into each other.%)

All good, still close friends to this day and still parking in BFE together.

Fred

JMurray

I always take up two parking spaces, never fails, no matter how far out I park, some asshat parks right next to me. I'm talking 3-4 inches from my drivers door.:)

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
My 2009 Mustang GT is 4 months old and I park it at work near our Training tower, as parking is tight. (Fire Department) I am working at my computer and speaking with my supervisor when I hear a crash. I turn to him with a smile and say that does not sound good. I get up from my chair and look out the window and see that someone has backed the City's Ford Windstar van into the left rear quater panel of my new Mustang. I see my fellow employee's runing over and then looking back toward the windows of the fire station. With the window open, I can collectively hear them all say oohh!
I respond to my Supervisor that it was my car. He says, knowing that I am a type A person about my cars, I will go down there and check things out, you stay here. I agree as I probably would have killed the driver as they stood by, verbally abusing them where they were standing.
As we turn away from the window we are greeted by a presence at the door, the EMS Coordinator. She is trembling, borderline ready to burst into tears, and she says I am sorry about your new car.
In probably one of my greatest moments of professional restraint, I walk over to her and give her a hug. I tell her that it is ok, it is just a thing which can be replaced. It is not like she drove over one of my kids...
She is truely remorseful about the incident, so what can I do? My Supervisor tells me that he is impressed with my composure...
The City's Risk Manager tells me to fill out a 10 page form and get 3 estimates and submit them to the City within 30 days. I tell him no, I have already filed an incident with my insurance and PD has done an investigation. The Employee is at fault. My car is fixed in a month and I drive it to work. I am e-mailed a picture by my fellow employees of my car with safety cones and barrier tape around it, to protect it.
It took the City 7 months to pay the claim and same amount of time to pay me back my deductable. They questioned all the work that was done to repair my car, including the repairs (finishing) to the inside of the wheelwell.
My bodyshop guy, my friend, say we fixed (painted) the inside wheelwell. Because we know the owner, thats how the car came from the factory and that is what he expects. We are not going to do the repairs twice...

Attachments

• 2009 Mustang new rims1.jpg
    2009 Mustang new rims1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
S

sharecon

Loc.
tampa
I always take up two parking spaces, never fails, no matter how far out I park, some asshat parks right next to me. I'm talking 3-4 inches from my drivers door.:)

It never fails they feel compelled to park there and 7 people get out swing the doors wide open hit your door act like nothing happened

Broncobowsher

Total hack
It is early summer, AZ is a hot place. There are times that you don't take the closest parking spot to the front door, you take the one that is a little further out and under a tree for shade. Go to the bank and there are 3 shaded parking spots, I take the one closest to the door. I come out and look at the Prius parked next to me, well not really next to me. But on the line taking BOTH shaded parking spots. The owner was also a horder as the inside of the car was PACKED. Not cross country packed, just filled with stuff and never taken out of the car stuff. There were probably 3 cars that drove by looking at those parking spots as I was getting in my truck. I left before the car was fire bombed, or at least keyed.

I high school I drove a beater. I had no issues when someone who could not stay between the lines and park next to them. Perfectly withen my lines. There are times when a cheap beater car is the best thing in the world to own! Surprisingly I was never messed with. I guess it was rather apparent when they came back out and they were the one who wasn't even close to being in the parking spot.

Speaking of shopping carts, I was once pulled over on one, at 2am.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
My truck isn't anything special, it's a 10 year old Escape with 180k miles on it, hail damage on the hood, but the paint is still nice on it, so just because it's not worth much doesn't mean you got the right to screw with it, I'll still get pissed. My vehicle is something you don't mess with, it's my property, leave it alone.

There is a woman where I work that will swing her big caddy in next to you, with these long aircraft wing sized doors, and she will heft those out without a care and whatever is in the way doesn't bother her a bit. I've been sitting in my truck on break and had her tap my truck and felt it move. Thankfully at the time I had running boards on and she could whack all she wanted and just ding her door, but I took them off cause snow and salt was building up in them in the winter and making a mess. Now I'm vulnerable.

I never got proof on her yet, kinda think one mark on my passenger door might be from her. She won't even look to see if she damaged anything, just struts off like nothing happened, and I know she seen it. I've even moved my vehicle at break if she parks next to me. I'd rather not cause a scene, but due to her unconcern over it, I'm not going to be amicable to deal with if she damages my vehicle and I catch her. No private deals, insurance will be involved.

She's even pulled in so close to me that I'd have to get a tape measure to prove that in fact her fat ass would fit between the vehicles for her to slide out. At least there wasn't much room for the door to pick up speed when she opens it.

I'm not alone in not wanting to be around her, several people where I work have mentioned her hitting vehicles. I looked at her door one day and it's full of dings on the leading edge. I'd hate to know how many other vehicles she's hit.

I hate anyone who shows no concern for others belongings. :mad:

nabes68

Loc.
Yuba city
Sorry but I am the a$$hole that parks 3 inches away from your drivers door but only if its up close to the building if you want to park like that in bfe its all good but don't take two spots up close

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... My complain is ..''AKIN'' to you guys.. Walmart parking spots are 5'2'' wide I think..
... I live in Cowboy country ... Every one here has a Dually or either or an extended cab truck .. No parking lot in town is stripped to help you out with a big wide long truck..
.. Prick park as close to you as they can & close your mirrors.. And it always the Piggy Bitch with the top of her thong hanging over her stretch 44fats getting out of her beater..
................. I drove my Bronco to Walmart this week end .. I don't have locking doors .. Got to fix that one of these days. So I pull up front ..get out leave everything exposed .. came back out and nothing was gone .. Tools.. window down.. Compressor in the back .. I felt lucky .

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
you guys need to get some of these cards made. i put them on vehicles ALL THE TIME!!!!! i'll go out of my way to walk part way across a parking lot, even if it's not next to my car, to put one on a car.

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
S

sharecon

Loc.
tampa
you guys need to get some of these cards made. i put them on vehicles ALL THE TIME!!!!! i'll go out of my way to walk part way across a parking lot, even if it's not next to my car, to put one on a car.

I need 2500 of those LMAO!!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
2500 wouldn't last long......... :p %)

but i got the made thru vista print, free plus about $5 shipping. well worth it!!!!

In '77 we had just bought our new Bronco.;D We were on the auto ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island. The cars were packed in like sardines and we had just gotten out of the Bronco. A guy opened the door of his really nice '72 El Camino right into that sharp edge of the Bronco's front bumper. It put a big nasty gouge in his door. He started whining about how he thought I should be responsible for the damage to his car.%) I told him that he had just hit a parked car and the parked car had won.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
NYC - Parallel Parking Hell

When you look around the cars in NYC it seems that all the bumpers are chipped and scratched, including my old ride. It seemed like every day a new chip had appeared. Then came the Bronco.

The Bronco comes with solid 1/4 inch steel wrapped around it courtesy of James Duff. If you get too close to it, you will either hit steel bumpers or rubber. Knowing this, I could not wait to park in the city. And so I set out to NYC in the morning to park and purposely chose a spot that had enough space in front for another car to park.

Not 3 minutes has passed and this Honda Accord tries to park right in front of me. In the usual style of inconsiderate pricks, the accord hits my truck as I sit and watch on the side while smoking. Of course, unlike modern cars, the bumpers on the EB have zero give and being that I am on 35" tires the bumpers are considerably taller ;D The sound of breaking plastic and crunching thin metal just brought so much joy to my ears. And better yet, the trunk lid got caught in my winch hook. In panic this lady pulls forward only to have her trunk lid ripped off the hinge. Im still smiling with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth as this lady gets out of her car and looks at the damage in horror.

At this point all I said with immense satisfaction: " Hey lady, you just hit my ride and you park like an asshole!" This is where it gets unbelievable. She actually starts to shit all over me for ruining her car. Mind you the Bronco was just parked and I was sitting on a stoop in anticipation of just such an event happening. This is NYC and every street corner comes equipped with a cop. They were on the scene in about 30 seconds while this crazed woman is still ranting about her poor car. The cops listened to the hysterical lady. The expression on the cops faces were priceless when they found out the Bronco was parked and I was not even in the car. They proceeded with the paperwork, insurance blah blah blah. I opened my glovebox, pull out a black sharpie pen, go to my bumper, color the parts, look at the cops and said: "There, all is fixed" The cops had to turn away from the woman to hide the fact that they were about to bust at the seems with laughter.

That day incidentally was the day I truly became obsessed with the Bronco and I knew that for the rest of my life I will not be without one ;D