• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New top for the Nightmare

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Just started a new two tone blue and white family top for the mare. This will be a double side two tone with closed cell foam in the middle. All the straps will be strategically placed to reduce wind flap.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 200

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Bet it turns out pretty nice.. Like the color scheme..

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I just may have to get one of those... watched your video on the Clydesdale front linkage hardware today, good job dude!

Last edited:

pipermike

Love his videos! The one on c bushings was actually very helpful. He's got a little John Wane twang in his voice:D

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help on buying ur family top......ur guys took the time to give me measurements for the straps....it fits perfect....and also I know its a small thing but the wild horse logo on the tag in the back is pretty cool....once again thanks guys

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
It's coming along. We put white binding on the edge. Now for some custom fitted straps.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 116

RT

Bronco Guru
Looking good ,

mmmm,, a complete top based on the rampage style built the same way as you are making that one, stitched in just the right places for folding quickly would be a hit for guys that do a lot of highway miles and need a quick up and down......

Just a thought ,,;)

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Here it is. Double sided, two tone, WH family cage top with custom fitted straps. It has a closed cellular foam in between the two layers. Test run last weekend of June with NorCal on the Rubicon. We need to make sure it will hold up in off-road situations ;D.

Attachments

• ntop.jpg
    ntop.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 159
  • ntop1.jpg
    ntop1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 148
  • ntop2.jpg
    ntop2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 156

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, looks great! I love that it's not a full soft-top; looks great as a bikini/safari. How's the poof-up factor when you're drivin'?

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Wow, looks great! I love that it's not a full soft-top; looks great as a bikini/safari. How's the poof-up factor when you're drivin'?

I'll take a video next week when I get back from MEB round up. I'm hoping for non-poof-up. We'll see. It has some straps in the middle so that should help.

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Jim, is this going to be a one-off or something that you are planning to mass produce?
Top notch as usual, looks good!

Unknown

Contributor
What's the thought behind using the closed cell foam in the construction? Assuming your doing a little R&D, let me know how the foam holds up.