• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A brand new plate

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
SO I opened my mail today and found my envelope from Marti. I have my Perfect Vin Plate to reattach to the glove-box door. Their work is better than new/old...oh well you get the idea.....

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Can they create a replacement plate if all I have in a VIN? I bought a frame with title and was wondering if it was possible to find out the original color, trim and stuff. I'm very interested in researching this stuff.

broncosam

Bronco Guru
Marti can do a replacement vin plate, and with the vin number you can get a report from them with all the info you are asking about , I got one for mine and it was pretty interesting.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Can they create a replacement plate if all I have in a VIN? I bought a frame with title and was wondering if it was possible to find out the original color, trim and stuff. I'm very interested in researching this stuff.
Yes, but you'll need to order a Marti report at the same time. The report pulls up the Ford records to get your info from your VIN. Then they make your replacement tag using that info. You can do the cheapest report at $15 for this purpose.

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I just got my envelope from Marti too. I didn't order the glove box tag, but the sticker that goes on the drivers door post. Marti calls it a Vehicle Certification Label.

Here's a pic of my original before I scraped it off to repaint:
bronco door tag 005.jpg

And here's the Marti replacement I just got in the mail:
bronco door tag Marti.jpg

The Certification Labels and the glove box tags are the same price: $30.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Thx a whole bunch Admin! Is there a website that I can go to? I'd pay $30 for these items in a heartbeat!

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Can you give them the other information that goes on the bottom line an they put it on also .
Yes. When you fill out the order form they ask for that info OR a photo of your existing tag. I gave them a photo and my original tag didn't have that info filled out, so they just reproduced it to match. I was kind of curious if they would fill it in, but I didn't really care either way. My Bronco is hardly a restoration piece.

TwoDalesDad, sorry to hijack your thread!

69dblcopo

Loc.
Rome, GA
certification label location question ...

Where exactly is the certification label supposed to be placed on a 1977 model? I've seen threads saying "driver's side door post", and "driver's door" ? If located on a "post" is it the A or B (front or rear pillar)? Mine was missing so ordered a replacement and not sure where to stick it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm sure someone will have an exact pic (there are several around here with a wider field of view than Admin's pic), but it's the driver's latch pillar. So yes, B-pillar above the latch striker, near the top on the flat portion of the body there.

Paul