• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Bronco dash

OP
OP
J

jlylec

We used a BC blank (except for the column hole and the re-positioned glove box). We went with a custom gauge set up though.

422930_2936762430598_2108524949_n.jpg

That looks great. Is that an NV3550 conversion with a twin-sticked D20? Do you have any pics of the sticks and where they're coming out of the tunnel?

OP
OP
J

jlylec

Here is my BC dash.

Sorry, noticed I had already posted those pics. Here is the latest with it installed.

This looks awesome...How hard was it running the air into the dash from a fit standpoint? Did you use the BC Broncos V/A kit? Where did you get the vents? Great work man!

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks. There is actually a lot of room behind the dash for the A/C vents. Its a VA Gen IV unit and VA vents as well.

Pcparas

That looks great. Is that an NV3550 conversion with a twin-sticked D20? Do you have any pics of the sticks and where they're coming out of the tunnel?
284033_2027585701748_6339629_n.jpg

261596_2027585821751_1332224_n.jpg

Its actually an NV3550 with Atlas 2 transfer case. The sticks actually come out of the same hole though.

OP
OP
J

jlylec

Its actually an NV3550 with Atlas 2 transfer case. The sticks actually come out of the same hole though.

Thanks...yeah that looks just like mine. I'm going to try and bend the front stick a bit I think so it's off my leg. Or shorten it maybe.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just received mine and I have to say it's a high quality product. After attempting to modify my stock dash, I gave up and ordered a blank. Chuck should really put better pictures on his site as I didn't know the defrost ducts were built in already. I almost ordered a $70 duct piece to replace my broken plastic one. That alone pays for a large chunk of the new dash. Here's some pix of the whole piece.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 225
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 217
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 222
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 195

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I just received mine and I have to say it's a high quality product. After attempting to modify my stock dash, I gave up and ordered a blank. Chuck should really put better pictures on his site as I didn't know the defrost ducts were built in already. I almost ordered a $70 duct piece to replace my broken plastic one. That alone pays for a large chunk of the new dash. Here's some pix of the whole piece.

How does that oval duct hole hook up with the stock round hose for the heater unit?

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Problem is the round hose on the heater box seem to small to stretch that big. Interested to see how it comes out.

NCW

I'm thinking about redoing my dash and picking up one of the BCB blanks they sell so I can get rid of the stereo hole that was cut out, move the glove box over for my roll cage, and install a new air conditioning system. I was looking at the one that moves the gauge cluster from the left to the right side of the steering column so I can put a small speaker and vent in the left side. Is this a tricky thing to do? I guess I'm wondering if the cables and wiring are long enough to make that move without rewiring, etc.

Also...have any of you bought these dash blanks? Any issues with fit, etc. I'd love to see pics of what you guys have done with these blanks. Thanks!

I made my own dash.

IMG_1519.JPG

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Problem is the round hose on the heater box seem to small to stretch that big. Interested to see how it comes out.

My heater hoses were tossed long ago so I took a piece of blue tape and made a loop around the old vent (with the sticky stuff on the outside of the loop). Then slipped it off and put it on the BC dash. It fits perfectly. Will have to use a zip-tie to hold it. Plus I'll get a little more room behind the dash there.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 93
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
J

jlylec

This is great. Thank you! I agree chuck needs better pics on his site. I've bought a few things from him and always been impressed but it was always somewhat of a crap shoot because i couldn't really tell before I purchased.

What are your plans for the dash? AC? New switches?

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
My heater hoses were tossed long ago so I took a piece of blue tape and made a loop around the old vent (with the sticky stuff on the outside of the loop). Then slipped it off and put it on the BC dash. It fits perfectly. Will have to use a zip-tie to hold it. Plus I'll get a little more room behind the dash there.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll get one of those in the future when I decide to change the color of the dash :D

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is great. Thank you! I agree chuck needs better pics on his site. I've bought a few things from him and always been impressed but it was always somewhat of a crap shoot because i couldn't really tell before I purchased.

What are your plans for the dash? AC? New switches?

This is the basic layout but I'm still working on the A/C vents. I don't want to mix round and rectangle but I was waiting for the dash to get accurate measurements. The gauges are what I have sitting in the garage, and I ended up getting a 4 knob A/C switch. I'll be adding a lower section ala Broncitis. I got the 5 inch tach and speedo because I'm old and blind

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2228423&postcount=15

Attachments

• Dash 3-page-001.jpg
    Dash 3-page-001.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jlylec

This is the basic layout but I'm still working on the A/C vents. I don't want to mix round and rectangle but I was waiting for the dash to get accurate measurements. The gauges are what I have sitting in the garage, and I ended up getting a 4 knob A/C switch. I'll be adding a lower section ala Broncitis. I got the 5 inch tach and speedo because I'm old and blind

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2228423&postcount=15

This is awesome man. Great plan! I'd like to do something just like this. I'd love to see your final product.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Those are some great dashes guys! I'm still trying to figure mine out. I see several of you are running your gauges on the top half of the dash. But y'all are running electronic climate controls. Does anyone know if I run my gauges up top and stock heater cables on the bottom, will it cause binding issues with the cables ?

I'm not running ac , do they make electronic heater controls or do I need to swap the whole unit out to utilize them? Thanks!

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
what size hole is the original cluster? I was thinking about moving mine to the right of the column, but did know how to make the perfect hole for the cluster

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The easiest way to get the vent hoses to go over the oval fitting is to use a 1" deep socket to form the hose. Stick the socket inside the hose and form the hose to fit the socket then go 180 degrees and repeat.
About the web site, we have it done and have not been able to access it in over a year so some stuff is old. Also there is two sites www.bcbroncos.com/home.html and http://www.bcbroncos.com/store/ which ever site you are on at the top of the column on the left will be the work home or store if you are on the store site the word will be home, click on that and you will be on the home site which has more info and pictures but no price or shipping info.

Last edited:

pbwcr

what size hole is the original cluster? I was thinking about moving mine to the right of the column, but did know how to make the perfect hole for the cluster
======
6.5" and a 6 or 6.5" speaker will fill the hole.