• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Started my bench seat to buckets conversion on my 69 half cab. PO rant: I thought I had a decent bench seat I could sell that maybe needed a little spring work. Well it needs a lot of spring work! I found the PO had stuffed the underneath of the seat on the driver's side with scrap foam pieces instead of fixing the seat correctly. Plus I'm having to undo some real shoddy interior work.

That said, the bucket seat conversion changes the entire character of this half cab. I'm liking it a lot! ;D

GRW

Last night I fixed the passenger side inner fender & measured the width of the rear wheel well.
If I can get a can of welding primer that will come out of the can I hope to get one of the inner fenders installed. Maybe start on the other side.

mattt

Bronco Guru
New rear axle project getting closer to completed.....finished up bending & flaring brake hard lines

Attachments

• rearaxle.JPG
    rearaxle.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 76

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Driving it everyday...love it!!! I just can't stop smiling all of the time, and I'm always looking at it. Anyway today I installed the new heater control valve which I picked up from NAP. I also blocked all openings from the engine compartment into the cab. There's absolutely no heat coming in anymore, but it's a total rig-job LOL. I really don't care at the moment as it's all about driving it. Everyday. Just as it is.

Daily driving is top shelf stuff, no doubt!

GRW

More sheet metal clean up before I start to install the inner fenders.
I also put a tape on those 35's and rechecked the rear wheel well.
It may require some rear shock location adjustment but a 12.50 (not actual width) tire will fit inside the rear wheel well with the right offset wheel.
Now I need to figure out if that same wheel will work with the steering up front.

Tram

Bronco Guru
New seats..

They're out of a 2009 Scion TC.

unyva6y5.jpg

RebBronco

Loc.
Billings
Starting to put together the pieces for a brake upgrade.Went to the local pullapart and picked up an Astro HB and MC. Not sure if I'll end up using the MC.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Today was electrical day

Repaired the wiring to the license plate holder

Reconfigured the ARB switches so all the toggles worked the same way

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Went to San Antonio, welded on an airplane. Then to New Braunfels to catch the end of the LEBC meet at Coopers BBQ. Ate a perfect prime rib at Coopers, but it was expensive. Took a quick tour of Gruene Tx, more people than you could swat. Went back to SA stopped at Northern Tool, then home. Rested up from the drive, then removed all the body bolts from the 72 halfcab. They all came out with an impact except the last one, and it took about an hour of sawing/grinding. Took the hood off, and laid down the windshield. Found the original windshield seal, still pliable in one piece. This Bronco is amazing, the more I work on it the more pleased I am. I've never worked on one that wasn't ate up with rust, don't know how to act.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Added some springs to my windshield braces to stop some intermittent rattles. Also started making version 2 of an oversized alternator pulley. I think I made the groove just a hair too large on the first and it had a tendency to squeal on start up.

matt w

Bronco Guru
Added some springs to my windshield braces to stop some intermittent rattles. Also started making version 2 of an oversized alternator pulley. I think I made the groove just a hair too large on the first and it had a tendency to squeal on start up.

That sounds cool on the windshield set up!
Do you have any pics?
Thanks