• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to search forum

wesleydax

Is there a way to link words together in the search option? I am by no means a computer guru, and have tried to search some things. Thanks

Unknown

Contributor
Yea, I've not had the best luck searching either but I'm sure I'm doing it wrong. Sometimes I have luck Googling the term and it points back to CB with what I'm looking for.

OP
OP
wesleydax

wesleydax

That's what I've been doing. There's tons of great info on this site if i can just find it

ChrisC74

In the Google search page enter what you are looking for and include classic broncos - nine times out of ten is will point back to a useful post on this site. For me it works better than the site search function.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Is there a way to link words together in the search option? I am by no means a computer guru, and have tried to search some things. Thanks

I've thought the same thing about two related words. Searching 20 pages can be time consuming!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
In the Google search page enter what you are looking for and include classic broncos - nine times out of ten is will point back to a useful post on this site. For me it works better than the site search function.

Use site:classicbroncos.com in your Google search if you want results only from the forum.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I generally put what I'm searching for on here in parentheses and have never had a problem.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Use site:classicbroncos.com in your Google search if you want results only from the forum.

That is exactly how I do it - gets around forum minimum search character limits, etc. Surrounding multiple words in quotes helps too. I rely on search engines all day every day at work and that trick has proven super valuable. So to modify the above example:

site:classicbroncos.com "bronco problem x" or whatever...

Tonka7777

Loc.
Greenville
To search for a word combination or multiple words together, insert a + sign between the 2 words. For example: engine + harness.

EBGeek

Is there a way to request this be made a sticky? It seems an inordinate amount of folks either can't (or won't) find what they're looking for through the normal search function. I personally find the 'site:classicbroncos.com my stuff is broke' works wonders over the site search. I dare say there isn't much that can't be found on this site with the right search words.

I was going to actually create a new post as a PSA, until I googled 'site:classicbroncos.com google search' and this post came up. :)

EBGeek

Oh and to add to what Tonka said above, you can also eliminate with the '-' function.

Googling 'site:classicbroncos.com EFI Conversion -Explorer' will return every match for EFI Conversion that DOESN'T mention Explorer in the thread. Bear in mind, that's a pretty strong limiting factor, so use the power wisely. But sometimes your results get muddled in with other stuff, so its a nice feature to have.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Google is a much more efficient search engine. It usually brings up a thread from here that has the info you need. Searching here is next to impossible, I guess because there are too many threads?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Google is a much more efficient search engine. It usually brings up a thread from here that has the info you need. Searching here is next to impossible, I guess because there are too many threads?

It has been my experience that forum search is usually junk.
Not just this forum, not just this forum software, but every one I have tried.

EBGeek

Pat, the good news is once you've typed 'site:classicBroncos.com' into Google, it'll remember it from then on. All you gotta do is type what you're looking for after it... :)