• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How do you convince the wife?

ugly74

Bronco abuser
My little lady doesn't ask too many questions about what I do with the cars. as long as she gets detailed receipts, she let's me do pretty much whatever.
she shows interest, so I let her know what I'm up to.
It's a good deal, so I try not to abuse my privilege by buying frivolous stuff.

"it'll give it more power and better gas mileage" is always a good line.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
ME MAN! YOU WOMAN! Either I get my parts or I'm taking my rib back! Now go make me a pie.....Hey..Hey....When I give an order I expect a Yes, Master."

After that you slap her on the butt and say "that's a good wife". It's really that easy.

Will apple be alright?

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I have been married 27 years this august. The only time my wife has ever parked in the garage, is when I have the vehicle dejour out using it and a hail storm is coming or something like that.

It is all relative. If they never have something they do not expect it.

It's like I told my recently divorced buddy when he started chasing tail again. Find a woman with two wild young boys, who was married to an alcoholic that beat her regularly, spent money on strippers, screwed her sister, and rented a single wide trailer fro them to live in. It will be a few years before she starts bitching about Broncos, tools, toilet seats, etc. Hell she might even spend the rest of her life thinking your S#$T don't stink.

Marry a rich girl or one that daddy spoiled and she will bitch about just about everything.

My wife doesn't bitch about us testosterone enhanced individuals in the house leaving the toilet seat up. I explained that it is much more trouble for us to remember to be courteous and raise it. than it is for her to lower it when she needs it. I also explained that we would all be happy to just leave it down if knocking it down before she sat down was too much work. Realizing that we were actually doing the hard part remembering to raise it she decided she liked that better than the alternative.

1owner66

Loc.
Georgetown Texas
I have been married 27 years this august. The only time my wife has ever parked in the garage, is when I have the vehicle dejour out using it and a hail storm is coming or something like that.

It is all relative. If they never have something they do not expect it.

It's like I told my recently divorced buddy when he started chasing tail again. Find a woman with two wild young boys, who was married to an alcoholic that beat her regularly, spent money on strippers, screwed her sister, and rented a single wide trailer fro them to live in. It will be a few years before she starts bitching about Broncos, tools, toilet seats, etc. Hell she might even spend the rest of her life thinking your S#$T don't stink.

Marry a rich girl or one that daddy spoiled and she will bitch about just about everything.

My wife doesn't bitch about us testosterone enhanced individuals in the house leaving the toilet seat up. I explained that it is much more trouble for us to remember to be courteous and raise it. than it is for her to lower it when she needs it. I also explained that we would all be happy to just leave it down if knocking it down before she sat down was too much work. Realizing that we were actually doing the hard part remembering to raise it she decided she liked that better than the alternative.

This worked for me. I have a keeper because she is happy because I am home all the time instead of doing s*^t her ex used to do. There are worse things a guy can spend his money on.

jghflys

Loc.
Texas
I don't understand the problem. Here are a few pictures that might explain. She works on stuff with a little guidance. She is my lovely bride of 35 years - I am a lucky man!!!

Attachments

• Lynn Xfer Case Disassemble.jpg
    Lynn Xfer Case Disassemble.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Lynn Oil Pan.jpg
    Lynn Oil Pan.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Lynn Golf Brakes.jpg
    Lynn Golf Brakes.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Lynn Soda Blasting.jpg
    Lynn Soda Blasting.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Lynn engine 2.jpg
    Lynn engine 2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 98

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I don't understand the problem. Here are a few pictures that might explain. She works on stuff with a little guidance. She is my lovely bride of 35 years - I am a lucky man!!!

I can see why youve been married 35 years. She was definately a keeper.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
wife

I am not sure I want my wife that involved. She's kind of bitchy. I go to the garage to get away.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am going to try to get her involved in the serp swap this week. Maybe once she spends some time on it she will get an affinity for it.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
The garage = Fortress of Solitude

EXACTLY. There is no place id rather be. Like i said once upon a time in another thread. I love walking in mine and just the smell makes me feel good. I also said earlier that my eb was a source of hate for my wife but im beginning to think that im the source of hate. So i really love my garage.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
I tell her to look around........see what I've provided for her........then.....take the tongue lashing.........take her to dinner and buy her another diamond!!

Big One

Loc.
Bartlesville, Ok
I'm pretty lucky. My wife is real understanding and likes to turn a wrench as well. When the money's tight is when we don't see eye to eye.

I bought a new Yamaha YZ426F in 2001 without her knowing. All's I can say is the "better to beg forgiveness than ask permission" deal almost got me divorced. :D

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
Just do it and deal with the aftermath. Oh, and buy some flowers!;D

Thats pretty much what I do, my wife dosnt know about cars at all so I just say well...something went out and I needed this and that. Now the non mechanical parts are a little more tricky, that takes me a little more time, but usually I just buy them, put them on, and wait for her to notice...sometimes she dosnt. :)...I have a great!!! wife.