• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No Tv Luv At The Auction So Far

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
I can't believe I sat for four hours waiting for the first Bronco #106 at Barrett-Jackson to come across the block. I'm sure most of you know by now that they got to lot #104, took a commercial break and came back showing lot #107. What kind of horse #@%* is that! About all we saw of it was background shots when they would show something else near it.

tinytim02

Contributor
I was watching too and thought the same thing...

They won't show some classic American iron, but will show some gaudy blinged-out Rolls sewage-sucking honeypot http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist_Details.aspx?&In_LotNumber=62 (I know, Jesse James designed it %)) ? WTF!

Bronco #106 is the nicest of the Broncos at the auction, IMHO. With it going for $21,500, it will be intersting to see what the others sell for. Hopefully we'll get to see at least one of them.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
They have to pump the comercials in for speed to make money. They can't stop the auction for a comercial break. Something has to give.

Couple years ago a friend sold an AMX there. One of the few AMCs to cross the line. For some reason that is where they decided to put the comercial break. They were getting phone calls and emails griping about it. About 20 minutes later they apologized about it on air. I guess they got enough hate mail about it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Want hate mail? i'll drive mine across the stage...;D ;D ;D

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
That must've been the red one with the full top. I didn't get to see that one up close because my son had other plans for us.....wish I had though so I could comment.

Another illustrious member was there Sunday and looked it over telling me that it had issues, though not as severe as the 2 I did see. One thing he told me was that the paintjob looked like an Earl Scheib bargain: apparently the masking job wasn't great and there was overspray on the window trim, etc. That you could get over $20K with a questionable paintjob is both troubling and reassuring at the same time.....Can't wait to see what the other 2 go for so I can offer my own personal insights.