• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1974 Bronco - Full Cage/4 Wheel Disc Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleck

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I have this bronco listed on ebay HERE

This bronco was done right. All of the features are listed and categorized below... some of the best include - Full Custom Re-Wire, converted to four wheel disc brakes, and a full roll cage! I am going to law school in a few months and can't afford to keep my favorite toy. My loss is your gain.

I was extremely meticulous about maintenance on this Bronco. Oil and all other fluids changed regularly.

There are a few things that need done still, I am going to do my best to list them here... I want this to be an honest and upfront transaction. The mileage is not accurate, the engine has been rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago and the speedometer in the custom dash and guage cluster I installed has not been hooked up. The picture with the top on the bronco was before a lot of the modifications were done. It is included to show the top only.

MECHANICAL

ENGINE

Starts on the first crank with a push-button, runs very strong and sounds great with its hooker headers and flowmaster exhaust!!!

- Plenty of 5.0 (302) power!

- Ron Davis aluminum radiator and metal fan shroud to keep it cool!

- Compressor for A/C still hooked up to engine, ready for your own A/C system install.

- Offenhouser Intake.

-MSD Off-Road Ignition

- K&N air filter.

- Hooker Headers.

- Wired and kept very clean!

- Custom Bronco battery mount holds Optima battery

- Flowmaster mufflers installed on custom exhaust. Great throaty sound.

TRANSMISSION and DRIVE TRAIN

- Originally had automatic transmission, I had it converted to a manual three-speed

- Shifts smooth

- Fresh wheel bearings.

- Custom drive shafts.

- Lubed and kept in great shape

- Warn locking hubs

SUSPENSION AND STEERING

- 3.5” Lift

- Springs upgraded and powder coated to match

- Converted to four wheel disc brakes! (came with four wheel drum brakes)

- All bushings and ball joints are in great shape

- Steering is tight, drop pitman arm installed

- Dual Rancho Shocks

- Sway bar riser bracket installed

- 5 Fairly New 15”x10” Chrome Wheels with 33X12.5X15 Goodyear MT/R Tires, less than 5000 miles

This truck handles great off-road! I personally would like a softer suspension, but it is sturdy enough to handle what you can give it and it articulates very well! WIth the very unique four wheel disc brakes, it actually stops in a straight line! (unlike many broncos that pull one direction when stopping quickly)

INTERIOR

- Custom spray in bedliner (gray) interior from tailgate to under dash. All holes filled except those for roll cage.

- Custom racing seats

- 5-point racing harnesses

- New gauge cluster. Autometer Ultra-Lite guages

- Custom dash. All waterproof toggle switches for lights, wipers, and accessories.

- CD Player in Tuffy Center Console Lockbox (can not find player faceplate)

- True Roll Cage. Seats and belts mounted to cage, not floorboard.

- New rubber door seals

- Doors recently rebuilt, new window hardware, new felt, diamond plate panels.

- Interior diamond plate rear quarter panels still in packaging, not installed

- Diamond plate steering column plate.

- Bikini top and hard top included (hard top needs a new liner)

- Light Blue / Dark Blue blend with gray accents

- Custom windshield support brackets made with tie-rod ends attached to roll cage

- Starts with aircraft/red flip switch and push-button. All ignition is secure inside tuffy center console lock box. MUCH better security than all other broncos with ignition wires exposed behind dash.

EXTERIOR

- Original Light Blue Paint

- Fiberglass cowl induction style (not cut out yet) hood with hood pins.

- Great metal all the way around!

- Pre-runner style custom front and rear bumpers!

- Very-Bright bright H5 headlights

- New lenses for turn signals, marker lights, and brake lights

- Fiberglass Fender Flares have some damage, could be replaced.

- Hard top included. Exterior is in good shape, the liner needs replaced though.

needs attention: The roll cage and bumpers are painted with engine enamel, they would look great powder coated. The cd player's face plate is missing. I just put the doors back on and saw that one arm rest, side mirror, and handle cup wasn't put back on, I have all three parts ready. Roof liner needs replaced.

The last picture is an old one, it is just to show the top.

157b_1.JPG

e490_1.JPG

e597_1.JPG

e60a_1.JPG

0a0f_1.JPG

19b4_1.JPG

1e1d_1.JPG

21bb_1.JPG

2749_1.JPG

2b7f_1.JPG

3068_1.JPG

3645_1.JPG

0868_1.JPG

OP
OP
C

Cleck

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Not even 24 hours and I am already receiving scam emails trying to get me to accept a check for too much and send back the difference. Wow. At least there is good traffic on here!

OP
OP
C

Cleck

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I have received a couple of questions about this...

The $15,000 is just the buy it now price on the ebay auction for someone that wants the bronco bad enough to not be part of the "make an offer" process. I am encouraging folks to actually make offers on this... the only way someone is going to end up with this bronco is if they submit an actual offer of what they would be willing to pay for this bronco.

I make no secret that the highest offer over $12,000 at the end of the auction will end up with my bronco for sure.

OP
OP
C

Cleck

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Just curious why you changed out the auto tranny for the 3spd manual?

I was having troubles with it driving up to Flagstaff (overheating the transmission) and with the non-power drum brakes it had at the time, I was tired of the workout I would get every stop-light just trying to get it from lurching forward.

This is my third Bronco, but it was my first automatic. My memories of Broncos always involved a stick shift. I don't know how to explain it, they just feel right to me when you have to shift them. So, I invested the time and money and converted her.

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Guys, I've known Cleck for a long LONG time, and everything he's said about his rig is true. He's not trying to scam anybody and I'd be willing to bet that if he could find a way to keep it he would. Anybody in the market in AZ should go see it in person. It's nice enough to be worth serious consideration.

I've ridden in this bronco more than a few times and its plenty capable and totally reliable. If I have one complaint, it's that it's a bit too nice for my tastes. It's not a creampuff or street queen, but if you've ever built something yourself and put countless hours into making it juuuussst right, you know what I'm saying. You always end up overbuilding and under-driving (which I suspect Cleck might admit to if you ask him). On the good side, whoever buys it will get a really great bronco that has been treated with more than the average amount of care and not ridden hard and put away wet like some rigs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.