• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheap seat Review (EMPI Race Trim)

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
$214 to my door:

I bought a pair tan low-back bucket seats from EMPI Race trim.

The seats are good knock-off's of a costly "Mastercraft" style suspension seat. There is a plastic bag noise when you sit in them, and you can see the plastic baggy material through the harness slots. The seat backrest material is not as snug as it could be. But...... for the $214 investment.... not bad!

Attachments

• DSC03874.JPG
    DSC03874.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC03885.JPG
    DSC03885.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC03884.JPG
    DSC03884.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC03883.JPG
    DSC03883.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC03882.JPG
    DSC03882.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC03881.JPG
    DSC03881.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC03876.JPG
    DSC03876.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC03875.JPG
    DSC03875.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC03886.JPG
    DSC03886.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 104

Felipe

Loc.
Concord, NC
I like the color you chose , I also like the way the low back seats look in the E.B.s, sounds like a pretty good price, how comfortable are they?

barronj

Bronco Guru
X2 on lookin' good.

I have a pair of what I was told were mustang seats in mine. After a tour through a bone yard today, I opted for recovering mine, but for $200- that's a nice turn-key operation!

You just painted your rig- what did you do about your floors, and why didn't you paint them along w/ everything else? Just curious.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the color you chose , I also like the way the low back seats look in the E.B.s, sounds like a pretty good price, how comfortable are they?

They seem comfortabe.... I sat through the news in them ;D.

X2 on lookin' good.
You just painted your rig- what did you do about your floors, and why didn't you paint them along w/ everything else? Just curious.

They are sprayed with a floor liner. If it was going to be a show truck... maybe I would have done the inside and underside..... but, nope, it's a driver.

Mono~

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Did you just mount them on the stock sliders and brackets, or did you need universal brackets?

I've Been eying those seats (same color and everything) for a while now. I just need to decide that its not worth recovering my seats before I pull the trigger. I bet the plastic bag noise will go away after a week or two of regular sitting. The custom seats I had done for my VW were the same way when I got them back from the upholstery shop.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you just mount them on the stock sliders and brackets, or did you need universal brackets?

I've Been eying those seats (same color and everything) for a while now. I just need to decide that its not worth recovering my seats before I pull the trigger. I bet the plastic bag noise will go away after a week or two of regular sitting. The custom seats I had done for my VW were the same way when I got them back from the upholstery shop.

I just have them sittin' on the floor. I'll use the stock brackets.

Mono

barronj

Bronco Guru
I've Been eying those seats (same color and everything) for a while now. I just need to decide that its not worth recovering my seats before I pull the trigger.

I've contacted the seller, and he's also providing me with material (from the mfr of the seats) both cloth & vinyl, so I can recover my jeep fold-n-tumble seat to match the buckets I'm buying. $16/square yard (more or less), free shipping (just tucking it in the seat boxes)... I'll buy that.

And he takes paypal!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
very cool. i prefer a seat that would give me a headrest for protection-incase of an accident. but, your's look nice!

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
very cool. i prefer a seat that would give me a headrest for protection-incase of an accident. but, your's look nice!

I had a hi-back seat from them as well, but I tradded them off (and Sold that Bronco) before I had a chance to test them.

Attachments

• DSC01792s.JPG
    DSC01792s.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01793s.JPG
    DSC01793s.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01794s.JPG
    DSC01794s.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 77

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
I had a hi-back seat from them as well, but I tradded them off (and Sold that Bronco) before I had a chance to test them.

I know this is an older thread, but how did you wind up mounting them? Did you use stock brackets or order their brackets? I'm about to order those seats and don't have any brackets, but don't really want their universal ones because it says they sit 6" off the ground, whihc seams way to high.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know this is an older thread, but how did you wind up mounting them? Did you use stock brackets or order their brackets? I'm about to order those seats and don't have any brackets, but don't really want their universal ones because it says they sit 6" off the ground, whihc seams way to high.

Sorry never mounted them, but I did check, and the stock seat brackets can be made to fit.

barronj

Bronco Guru

I have the low back w/ head rests, and the passenger side appears to be a direct bolt up. I haven't had the opportunity to measure the driver's side, b/c I still need to get the ds out.

I measured the bolt holes, from center to center, on the seat I'd pulled out (early mustang seats, mounted on stock bracketry), and it was the same as the pre-drilled holes in the new race-trim seat frame.

hmh800

I have had a pair of the high-back seats in a jeep (yeah i know) for a few years now and have been happy with them. When you're sitting in them, they feel just like mastercrafts. The piping on the driver's side has begun to break in a few spots, and the plastic bag inside is kind of hokey, but for the price I'd definitely do it again. If I don't like the factory seats in my new bronco, I think I'll get some of the lowbacks. Nice seats, not the most durable.