• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4R70W shift linkage

Broncos n' VWs

Here are some pics of the shift linkage I cobbled together. Not very pretty, but it works. I wanted something that would utilize the factory column shifter and not be overly complicated. I used some heim rod ends (4 of them), some steel tube/rod, jam nuts and some steel plate. This setup works perfectly for me just kind of guessing how it should be fabbed up. There is plenty of adjustment in the rods and the multiple holes in the bell crank (that's what I call it, don't know if that's right). Check out the pictures and feel free to ask questions and give feedback, just don't be too critical of my sloppy plasma cutting technique. ;D

Attachments

• connecting rod MPLS.jpg
    connecting rod MPLS.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 169
  • crank at trans.jpg
    crank at trans.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 133
  • crank.JPG
    crank.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 139
  • rod at column.JPG
    rod at column.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 136

Ratch

Contributor
Looks good, can you post the dimensions for rod lengths and the arms on the bell crank? also the sizes for the heim joints. I was wondering how to make it work with the stock shifter. Thanks in advance.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Thanks for posting The pictures, I got the lokar 4r70w set up and was trying to attach to the c4 shifter rod. After looking at your pictures I realized the shifting rod needed to be removed and now my shifter works perfect, thanks again. Now, I need to figure out the neutral switch wiring and bend the lines for the tranny cooler.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Thanks for posting The pictures, I got the lokar 4r70w set up and was trying to attach to the c4 shifter rod. After looking at your pictures I realized the shifting rod needed to be removed and now my shifter works perfect, thanks again. Now, I need to figure out the neutral switch wiring and bend the lines for the tranny cooler.

Hows about some photos? I am planning to use a flaming river shift column and the lokar linkage as well on my AOD.;D