• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

* Jersey Shore Build* aka Jersey Jalopy Updated-FIRST RIDE

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Waiting for pictures of the cage! Glad to hear your getting to it already. Nice build by the way!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Rob,

Happy to see that you made it through the storm OK! I had my fingers crossed for ya because Belmar I would think got hit pretty hard. Glad that you made it through ok and the Bronco is ok as well. Hopefully you will have it on the road this summer. Keep it up! Lookin good man. :)

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Rob,

Happy to see that you made it through the storm OK! I had my fingers crossed for ya because Belmar I would think got hit pretty hard. Glad that you made it through ok and the Bronco is ok as well. Hopefully you will have it on the road this summer. Keep it up! Lookin good man. :)

Thanks for the thoughts, many people around me got hit hard. I'm about a mile in from the beach and the water came within 1/4 from us. Belmar boardwalk is totally gone but they are cleaning it up quick. They already have a contract for rebuilding it. Hopefully they'll get it done by summer so I can take the bronco down to it.:)

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Started to mock up the roll cage. With only a little welding practice, I was happy with how the welding came out when I slugged the main hoop. With a little grinding you can barely see where they were cut. I'm going to try to have everything tacked up today.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 46
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 49
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Was able to tack everything up today. Real happy with how it came out. Thanks Spareparts, David, glad you were able to sell another one. Hopefully noone in my area though, ;).

Attachments

• untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 95
  • untitled4.jpg
    untitled4.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 98
  • untitled5.jpg
    untitled5.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 92
  • untitled6.jpg
    untitled6.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 97

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Looks great, glad your happy with it! It will look great when its all done, what colors are you going with?

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Got a few more parts. WH 5.5 coils and springs with extreme u-bolts and parts for headlights and brakes. Had a little trouble getting coils and leaf springs on. First, a bolt broke off on top of the radius arm. After tapping and cleaning the threads all was good. New coils are nice and soft compared to the 13 year old 6in. coils from skyjacker. Second was the leaf springs. I was having trouble "seating" the front of the spring to the spring perch. I noticed that when I lifted the axle the rear shackles were moving and not allowing the front of the spring to move into the perch so I c-clamped the shackle down(in pic) and solved the problem. Overall the lift actually gave me an added inch of lift. Next is to finish brakes, exhaust, and driveshaft. Then take it for its first drive in over 10 years.

Rob,

Love the wheels that you decided toi go with! They look very similar to ones that I almost chose to go with. In the end I went with the bigger holes but really like the loook of the ones that you chose as well.

As for your color choice, my vote is for Baby Blue! Not a very common old school color and it is one of my favorites. On top of that I think that it will really stand out on the road! ;D

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Rob,

Love the wheels that you decided toi go with! They look very similar to ones that I almost chose to go with. In the end I went with the bigger holes but really like the loook of the ones that you chose as well.

As for your color choice, my vote is for Baby Blue! Not a very common old school color and it is one of my favorites. On top of that I think that it will really stand out on the road! ;D

I've been leaning toward baby blue after seeing a bronco built by mauimatt.

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Whoever said going fiberglass would be easier is full of it :). I was able to get a little further along by adding the front fiberglass. First I had to measure and cut all the holes and then take brackets off the old front to use on the fiberglass. With some rivets, nuts and bolts it came together. I'm still debating if I should paint the inside of the engine bay all black or the color of the bronco. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 53
  • ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 54

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Paint it the same color as the Bronco. If your going with the blue, the engine bay will look cleaner than just black. Its looking real good.

2monkeyboys

engine bay

engine bay color??????????hey the first 9 pictures are from the bronco you saw at the PNC car show 3 years ago i wrecked that bronco a few months later

Attachments

• 55e.jpg
    55e.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 54e.jpg
    54e.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 53e.jpg
    53e.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 52e.jpg
    52e.jpg