• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

harbor freight floor jack recommendation? Coupon?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought a 3.5 ton Craftsman because a 3tonner just won't lift the front of my '79 pickup. Waiting for time to grab one of the HF 4 ton steel jacks.
Also have one of the smallish aluminum ones for my cars and just grabbing for a quick job here or there. Didn't think I'd appreciate the light weight as much as I do really. Never made much of a habit of picking up jacks I thought. Boy was I wrong! What a great thing!

The Powerbuilt 3 or 3.5 ton jacks are very good. Hard to argue with the success of the HF ones judging by the members here.
And of course, it's hard to argue with the prices. I still buy USA stuff when I can, but not many of these around I wouldn't think. And probably one of those cases where I would pay double, but not four times the price.

Anyone bought an American Made hydraulic jack lately?

Paul

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I bought a 3.5 ton Craftsman because a 3tonner just won't lift the front of my '79 pickup. Waiting for time to grab one of the HF 4 ton steel jacks.
Also have one of the smallish aluminum ones for my cars and just grabbing for a quick job here or there. Didn't think I'd appreciate the light weight as much as I do really. Never made much of a habit of picking up jacks I thought. Boy was I wrong! What a great thing!

The Powerbuilt 3 or 3.5 ton jacks are very good. Hard to argue with the success of the HF ones judging by the members here.
And of course, it's hard to argue with the prices. I still buy USA stuff when I can, but not many of these around I wouldn't think. And probably one of those cases where I would pay double, but not four times the price.

Anyone bought an American Made hydraulic jack lately?

Paul

Made in America?
Or assembled in America from foreign parts?

Seems they can put made in America on the box when the only thing made in America is the box.

A Milwaukee 2 ton is $650, and a Milwaukee 4 ton is $1000 and a three month wait to get them.

Depends on how much you use it whether it could be worth it.

Show Links

Loc.
Bakersfield
I have a 4 ton Hein-Warner that my grandfather gave my father. It works great, but it's a beast. As I get older, I find myself using my small Lincoln 2 ton. It's made in some foreign country (not China as I recall), but it simply is easier to maneuver. I can't part with the Hein though, like everything else I have.

Rob

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I was given one Hein-Warner and inherited another. Both need to be rebuilt. The guy in the area who did that work has been retired for so long that I suspect that he may no longer be with us. I've found the kits online. Need to figure out what they are and get that done.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
HF has three models of aluminum jacks and three models of steel jacks on sale in their extended Fathers Day sale email.
The sale runs through the 26th.
Also jack stands and wheel dollies on sale.

If you sign up with them they email out sales notices and coupons all the time.