• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

romegadave's resurrection of El Chapo

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Do you have a copy of the wiring diagram on you year Bronco? If not dig deep enough on this site and you will find a copy. Then trace out the wiring. You will find out where power isnt getting through. If you can start the truck with the key on, truck in neutral, parking brake set and it runs there isn't very many failure points to search out in a stock Bronco.

OP
OP
romegadave

romegadave

Roger that Rustytruck. Have printed off some diagrams and just need to spend a lot of time under the hood, under the dash and asking a lot of (sometimes dumb or obvious) questions. I suppose I need to maybe remove the front seat since I just can't maneuver around to see if I see any problems at/around the ignition. Will keep at it.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
LOVE that front bumper-especially the color choice ;D Gotta paint that rear one to match now%) Good to see it running Dave!

OP
OP
romegadave

romegadave

10-4 Slednut on the paint but first gotta get it going again--checking wires and will probably try a different ignition switch asap to see if it helps

Kev I'm jealous of the Road Whore you have;D

k13evin

Loc.
Chattanooga
Get that thing running and will have a meet up around Rome I'm sure more would be down for food and beers

OP
OP
romegadave

romegadave

I got to since its driving me nuts---will be pm'ing you a bunch since you're my "go to" guy on my nonsensical questions i'll have-lol--since it just stopped out of the blue and won't turn over I hope its just a ground or nicked wire instead of a whole lot of harness replace But the more I look at the wiring coming out of the firewall the more I get depressed

OP
OP
romegadave

romegadave

Started separating some crumbly wires, used some contact cleaner on volt. regulator connector, new solenoid switch, a little electrical tape and got it to start again.

Grand kids are happy with pawpaw Dave since he is no longer using certain blue words and walking around depressed.

Still know I have much to do but at least I can start saving for a wiring harness which it will need badly in the future---next up front end alignment/steering and adjustment of the carb (idle/choke etc) since it wants to die at every stop

Happy man here!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
romegadave

romegadave

Alignment question

Had my alignment last Saturday---better but wondered if anyone here can look at this and tell me if they see anything out of the ordinary
Thanks, Dave Edit--pay no attention to the 1989 Bronco --auto shop typo

Attachments

• Alignment.jpg
    Alignment.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

EBGeek

Hey Dave, just getting caught up on your progress on El Chapo. I'm just down the road from you in Dallas, so shoot me a PM next time you need a hand. Wish I'd seen this sooner, as I know from first hand experience the suspension swap isn't something to be done alone. Good move in prepping for a wiring harness, that's time/money well spent for sure. Let me know when you're ready to start it and I'll bring the beer...

Best of luck to you, and hope to see you around at a Bronco meet one of these days!